GoFundMe page for a wounded sheepdog

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

GoFundMe page for a wounded sheepdog

Post by Suck My Glock »

Here's a news report on the event when it happened. https://www.12news.com/article/news/loc ... dcd7d247f2

Here's the GoFundMe page where the wife describes the event from the inside. https://www.gofundme.com/f/9qtqga-raul- ... Qz46BsF0iU

In a nutshell;...husband (Raul Mendez) who daily carries as part of his routine, along with wife and kids go to a friend's house to socialize and celebrate Independence Day. Without warning, uninvited neighbor walks in and starts blasting away. Despite being shot in the head, sheepdog husband manages to take out the shooter. But not before 3 people die.

Wife of this sheepdog started the GoFundMe page to help pay for his medical bills.

I don't know this man or any of his family, and probably none of you do either. But as sheepdogs, we all share a common sense of duty to family and community. I learned of this guy's situation just minutes ago, but I feel moved to help, and maybe you will too.

Doc

Re: GoFundMe page for a wounded sheepdog

Post by Doc »

Damn. 😳
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Firstly, what makes you think we're "sheepdogs", I certainly am not, I don't give two shits about society and how they get injured or killed. Most of them are stupid and shouldn't breed to begin with.

Next off, you're right, we don't know the man, or his family. That being said, he may be a scumbag, or not, we have no idea. On top of that, we don't know the story of the guy coming in and shooting. Maybe, just maybe, his old lady was screwing the neighbor, or the neighbor was molesting his kid/s.

Seriously, get more information before asking folks for money.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I don't the story behind the person in the link , so my comment doesn't apply possibly.

But GoFundMe is basically the internet version of those people at intersections with the "Help us pay for a funeral" or "Donate to sick so-and-so" stories that are usually fake. Like the dude who was famous here for standing at off ramps for 4 years trying to "bury his son."
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Everyone is free analyze this any way they see fit. I merely present it to you for you to decide for yourself.

Excuse the hell out of me.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Suck My Glock wrote: August 9th, 2022, 2:20 pm Everyone is free analyze this any way they see fit. I merely present it to you for you to decide for yourself.

Excuse the hell out of me.
Well, you know, there is always that one guy....

He is always bitter and mad at the world.
His wife left him for someone better.
His kid(s) want nothing to do with him.
He blames all his problems on everyone else. He is an ass/hole no one wants to be around, even family.
He hates women.
He thinks he is better and smarter than everyone else.
He is a miserable person.
He has a defective personality.

Think Steven Paddock.
Oh, and he probably drives a Honda Ridgeline
Last edited by Rock Hardson on August 9th, 2022, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Double tap
action magic

Post by action magic »

Do what your heart tells you. Just know ALL the facts before you throw your $ away. Always 3 sides to every story - yours, theirs and the truth in the middle.