Videos of engagements

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Videos of engagements

Post by Suck My Glock »

BigNate wrote: October 10th, 2022, 2:57 pm
In most cases where the posts run along the "bad cop - bad shoot" lines I can see a clear counterpoint and reasonable justification for the shoot (the "lawful but awful" tag may apply). In this one - not so much. At a minimum that guy should not be a cop (sounds like this has already happened - thankfully) - and as sympathetic as I am to the difficulties of making split second decisions around this stuff - I'd have a hard time arguing against charges against him. The kid may or may not have been dirty - and he shouldn't have tried to drive away (assuming that he recognized that it was a cop opening his door) - but there really was no threat there which merited him shooting at the driver.
This pretty much seems to be the consensus amongst pretty much everybody that has seen this. Yeah, you don't have to be anti-cop to have a problem with it.

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

For the record ... I am not anti cop. Im actually pretty pro cop. But ... I dont think they are above the law and call it as i see it for or against.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2022, 3:10 pm For the record ... I am not anti cop.
Didn't mean to imply that you were (if this is pointed my way). I'll go out on a limb and say I'm VERY "pro cop" - but when they are wrong they are wrong.

Sadly - it seems to me that more and more good cops are leaving the force because the political climate combined with a lack of backing by leadership and governments leaves them worried that they'll end up jobless, or worse yet, incarcerated for doing the right thing - but doing it to someone who can be used for political gain. It seems to me that at least a majority of the "evil cop murders guy..." type videos fall into that category.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

BigNate wrote: October 10th, 2022, 3:17 pm
Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2022, 3:10 pm For the record ... I am not anti cop.
Didn't mean to imply that you were (if this is pointed my way). I'll go out on a limb and say I'm VERY "pro cop" - but when they are wrong they are wrong.

Sadly - it seems to me that more and more good cops are leaving the force because the political climate combined with a lack of backing by leadership and governments leaves them worried that they'll end up jobless, or worse yet, incarcerated for doing the right thing - but doing it to someone who can be used for political gain.
Had three very close friends on NYPD back in the bad ol days. Tagged along with a PD motorcycle group back then too. I think they should get thier damn nightsticks back and be allowed to knock a few heads.

Having said that. Were i a cop I wouldnt want this banana anywhere near me and would be glad he was expelled. Dont want his dirt tarnishing my uniform. He should be in jail
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

BigNate wrote: October 10th, 2022, 2:57 pm
Boriqua wrote: October 8th, 2022, 9:27 am
Suck My Glock wrote: October 7th, 2022, 11:27 am
Read the story in a couple of places now and watched the video several times. Cop should be charged immediately with assault and attempted murder period.

Lastly some type of Discharge a firearm charge because we are all accountable for every round that leaves our gun and he is blasting away at the car from behind when it is clearly no longer any threat to him if it ever was one. Every one of those had the potential to kill a bystander and any one of us would be on the hook right now if we did the same.
In most cases where the posts run along the "bad cop - bad shoot" lines I can see a clear counterpoint and reasonable justification for the shoot (the "lawful but awful" tag may apply). In this one - not so much. At a minimum that guy should not be a cop (sounds like this has already happened - thankfully) - and as sympathetic as I am to the difficulties of making split second decisions around this stuff - I'd have a hard time arguing against charges against him. The kid may or may not have been dirty - and he shouldn't have tried to drive away (assuming that he recognized that it was a cop opening his door) - but there really was no threat there which merited him shooting at the driver.
This is a case where 2 things can be true at the same time.

The kid is a complete dirt bag. At some point his prior history will come out, and he did intentionally reverse the vehicle and try to run.

The cop failed in his tactics and handled this incredibly bad which resulted in a shooting that didn’t need to happen. For a felony flight vehicle, don’t approach on foot but block the vehicle in the rear with the patrol vehicle. Only then approach the suspect vehicle.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Future, “What not to do” training vid
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Beat on somebody's car with a stick and they might run you over.

mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Suck My Glock wrote: October 12th, 2022, 4:43 am Beat on somebody's car with a stick and they might run you over.

People often fail to think of a car as a weapon. 2000+lbs of movable steel is a great weapon.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Boriqua wrote: October 11th, 2022, 9:21 pm
s

WTF
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Cop uses Taser on runner, who turns out to have gasoline in his backpack.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Dipshit learned a painful lesson on a few levels. Hahaha.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

smithers599 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 2:54 pm Cop uses Taser on runner, who turns out to have gasoline in his backpack.

Holy moly
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

STOP, DROP, AND ROLL