vehicle safe

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

vehicle safe

Post by knockonit »

have a crew chevy , for a long gun, shot gun, usual gats.
i would like to have a metal type storage unit in truck, say under rear seat. lockable, heavy gauge, to give me time to get to truck, has alarm to my phone yada yada yada.

have been looking at the tuffy under seat,
any thoughts.

happy sunday
Rj

rockbronco

Re: vehicle safe

Post by rockbronco »

I had one in an F150 and really liked it, While it wont stop a big pry bar from getting into it its much more discreet then a rifle case laying on the floor and will stop the smash and grab thugs. The seat in my F150 would also lock in the down position too adding to a little bit of the hassle for a thug to get to the box.

My current truck has a factory box/tray with a locking seat acting as a lid. I have wanted to turn it into firearm storage but with only the half ass seat lock I dont want to risk it, plus I have too much recovery gear stashed there.
G34

Post by G34 »

They are next to worthless.

If you can fight back to your vehicle to get a rifle. Then you can also drive away!

If you can get back to your vehicle then your not actively engaged.

Vehicle “safes” are not safe nor fast!

It’s like the Toyota Tacoma guy with the rack over the bed and containers over the cab that’s over landing by going to REI and Lake pleasant on weekends.

It screams look at me.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

guess reading comprehension is a struggle for ya, wasn't looking for opinion on whether they worked or not, was looking for someone who had actual knowledge, not bullshiate comments on something they probably don't even know what they are.

best to let MEN discuss men things and go play with the pokemon
thanks for nothing
Rj
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: January 17th, 2022, 5:43 pm guess reading comprehension is a struggle for ya, wasn't looking for opinion on whether they worked or not, was looking for someone who had actual knowledge, not bullshiate comments on something they probably don't even know what they are.

thanks for nothing
Rj
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
G34

Post by G34 »

knockonit wrote: January 17th, 2022, 5:43 pm guess reading comprehension is a struggle for ya, wasn't looking for opinion on whether they worked or not, was looking for someone who had actual knowledge, not bullshiate comments on something they probably don't even know what they are.

thanks for nothing
Rj
Exactly my point. Your a key board commando. I know who you are from another forum. Your old,fat and can’t hardly reach your feet to tie your shoes so what makes you think getting under a seat will be any better.
Thx for the laugh BJ
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

G34 wrote: January 17th, 2022, 6:20 pm

Exactly my point. Your a key board commando. I know who you are from another forum. Your old,fat and can’t hardly reach your feet to tie your shoes so what makes you think getting under a seat will be any better.
Thx for the laugh BJ
Ah, the naivety of youth expressing their soul, entertaining at least.

Clyde
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

thanks for nothing
Rj
Thx for the laugh BJ
Do you know what autofornicate means?
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

knockonit wrote: January 16th, 2022, 5:41 pm have a crew chevy , for a long gun, shot gun, usual gats.
i would like to have a metal type storage unit in truck, say under rear seat. lockable, heavy gauge, to give me time to get to truck, has alarm to my phone yada yada yada.

have been looking at the tuffy under seat,
any thoughts.

happy sunday
Rj
What year and max budget?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

07 chevy crew, and no budget, a whole lotta options, some expensive ones but they seem to have light steel and locks are so so. but as we all know they are not the knox vault, only need to slow a thief down some.
thanks for looking
rj
Joelafives

Post by Joelafives »

Interesting - this forum is for like minded individuals and there is still strife. I'm getting old. :(
428cj

Post by 428cj »

thanks for nothing
Rj
Big YES. :lol: :lol: :lol:
delta6

Post by delta6 »

thanks for nothing
Rj
Thx for the laugh BJ
G34:
Well, there is actually some truth here. He is old. +1 for you.
After his bout with the Fauci virus, he is not fat. +1 for him.
Now, I do not know if he can reach his feet (never thought to ask), but I have worked with him framing, pouring concrete and moving lumber, and even being old, he can still run circles around most 20 year olds.

None of your comments led me to believe that you have ever been captain of your high school debate team, but I’m pretty sure that you have been in a few bar fights. Remember, civility is not a sign of weakness.
G34

Post by G34 »

I agree I’m not a nice guy. But that’s ok. Firearms,training andPSD is my lane. So tell me in my statement I’m wrong. BJ obviously doesn’t know much about this which is why he’s asking for advise. With a product, comes field experience. And justifying why you did something to a jury not just the one dimensional question asked.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

G34 wrote: January 18th, 2022, 2:27 pm I agree I’m not a nice guy. But that’s ok. Firearms,training andPSD is my lane. So tell me in my statement I’m wrong. BJ obviously doesn’t know much about this which is why he’s asking for advise. With a product, comes field experience. And justifying why you did something to a jury not just the one dimensional question asked.
LOL, I'm gonna say, if you haven't done some time in a SE Asian jungle, you lack the experience to comment.

Clyde