Expired CCw renewel or ...

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Expired CCw renewel or ...

Post by Boriqua »

I know this came up before but I cant remember what the consensus was

My wifes CCW expired in 2012. She would like to renew it. Will she have to take the class again or can you simply submit a renewal form?
Alex

QuietM4

Re: Expired CCw renewel or ...

Post by QuietM4 »

I know you can use an current or expired CCW from another state, but I don't think you can use an AZ expired permit in this instance. As far as the regs read, you have to renew an expired permit within 60 days of expiration.

It's been 7 years...a 4 hour class as a refresher won't hurt her.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuietM4 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 4:46 pm I know you can use an current or expired CCW from another state, but I don't think you can use an AZ expired permit in this instance. As far as the regs read, you have to renew an expired permit within 60 days of expiration.

Seriously dude????

Clyde
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

If she still has the permit she can send it in with her application to satisfy the shooting requirement. She can’t renew, but she doesn’t need to retake a class.

If she no longer has the expired permit she will need to show some way to satisfy the shooting requirement or retake a class.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Joe_Blacke wrote: August 31st, 2021, 5:04 pm If she still has the permit she can send it in with her application to satisfy the shooting requirement. She can’t renew, but she doesn’t need to retake a class.

If she no longer has the expired permit she will need to show some way to satisfy the shooting requirement or retake a class.
She still has the permit. Send the actual permit or a copy?

Will they then tell her to take the class or should she take it first. Sorry for the stupid questions. Oh and the class is only 4 hours now?
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Boriqua wrote: August 31st, 2021, 5:56 pm
Joe_Blacke wrote: August 31st, 2021, 5:04 pm If she still has the permit she can send it in with her application to satisfy the shooting requirement. She can’t renew, but she doesn’t need to retake a class.

Will they then tell her to take the class or should she take it first. Sorry for the stupid questions. Oh and the class is only 4 hours now?
Send the actual permit. No class required. I did it when my permit expired and I waited too long to renew.

DPS used to have something on their website that said if you attach the expired permit to your application it meets all the training/shooting requirements.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 31st, 2021, 4:59 pm
QuietM4 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 4:46 pm I know you can use an current or expired CCW from another state, but I don't think you can use an AZ expired permit in this instance. As far as the regs read, you have to renew an expired permit within 60 days of expiration.

Seriously dude????

Clyde
Yes. Seriously. Continuing knowledge about a subject that could end someone’s life or yours is worth a small amount of time.

I bet you continue to shoot guns even though you’ve already done it once. Or did you just fire one round, and assume you now know everything about firearms and shooting?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Joe_Blacke wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:03 pm

Send the actual permit. No class required. I did it when my permit expired and I waited too long to renew.

DPS used to have something on their website that said if you attach the expired permit to your application it meets all the training/shooting requirements.
Great thank you for the information!! So a new application with her old permit instead of a renewal and the new application fee.
Awesome!
Hansen

Post by Hansen »

Boriqua wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:52 pm
Joe_Blacke wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:03 pm

Great thank you for the information!! So a new application with her old permit instead of a renewal and the new application fee.
Awesome!
Don't forget the fingerprints as well, 2 sets.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Thank you. We took a reciprocity class with you years ago! So I should send in her current card. A filled out application, the fee and two sets of prints?
Alex