CCW renewal

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
fredcdobbs
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CCW renewal

Post by fredcdobbs »

CCW renewal mailed out on Jan 09 in my mailbox today Jan 22. "Courteous Vigilance" Not everything is fugged up. :D

A_C Guy

Re: CCW renewal

Post by A_C Guy »

Did they include a "Thank You" note for volunteering that you still own firearms?
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

did they send the renewal form to you? If so, how close to your old expiration date?

My permit expires in a month but I still haven't received any notification. Wondering if I need to proactively renew? I don't remember previous renewals going town to the wire.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Abbey wrote: April 28th, 2021, 5:12 pm did they send the renewal form to you? If so, how close to your old expiration date?

My permit expires in a month but I still haven't received any notification. Wondering if I need to proactively renew? I don't remember previous renewals going town to the wire.
Go to the DPS CCW website and download the renewal from...it's not rocket surgery.

You may be processed as a renewal between 90 days prior to expiration and 60 days after expiration.

https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp
Last edited by QuietM4 on April 28th, 2021, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isnake

Post by Isnake »

QuietM4 wrote: April 28th, 2021, 6:16 pm
Abbey wrote: April 28th, 2021, 5:12 pm did they send the renewal form to you? If so, how close to your old expiration date?

Go to the DPS CCW website and download the renewal from...it's not rocket surgery.

You have 60 days prior or after your current expiration date to renew.
Yep!
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Cool. I’ll send in the form. I thought they sent them in the mail as a reminder previously. Glad I happened to notice before it expired.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Abbey wrote: April 28th, 2021, 8:29 pm Cool. I’ll send in the form. I thought they sent them in the mail as a reminder previously. Glad I happened to notice before it expired.
I’ve renewed my CCW 5 times, never once received a reminder packet. Always made sure they had my current address. I don’t rely on any .gov to do anything correctly.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I think this is my 5th too. Glad they don't do memory tests every 5 years. Now I just have to remember to get to the bank for a cashier's check. ;)
Firewhenready7

Post by Firewhenready7 »

I sent mine off in Oct, 2021. They finally cashed the money order in late Jan. Nothing yet.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Sent my renewal in December 23. Sent a money order. Is there some way to tell when a money order is cashed?

Not that it means anything I guess.