He's about to be crucified

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: He's about to be crucified

Post by Boriqua »

hudsguns wrote: June 27th, 2021, 7:19 am This is one reason why I attended the CCW to learn about the laws. CCW instructor emphasized that in AZ use of lethal force in defense of property is very limited such as your's or someone else's life is endanger. An example with a car being stolen was used; no lethal force if someone is stealing only your car , if the car is occupied with a person (e.g. your child) lethal force is a go. The main take away was if you use lethal force, you'll go to trial then jury decides if the actions were what a reasonable person would have done. I believe the law is ARS 13-408 (https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/00408.htm). Bottom line yeah criminals should not be stealing the car, and the car owner better know what they're doing when using lethal force if not the car owner may end up as the criminal.
True but ... If you chase down your stolen vehicle and for whatever reason the thieves stop and then attack you ... ??

Dont know how it will wash out but I think that is the distinction between shooting over property and shooting in self defense with property involved.

Having said all that .. I am not even close to a Lawyer so my statement is more for discussion than anything resembling advice.