Videos of engagements

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Dauph
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Videos of engagements

Post by Dauph »

kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Dauph wrote: March 27th, 2024, 8:46 pm 21 foot rule

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/VnhSMJr8luk
If you're not training that scenario, then you'll be stabbed. In fact, Carlos has a video on it.

However, he's correct, cops have that "qualified immunity" we don't, so they can get away with it.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Dauph wrote: March 27th, 2024, 8:46 pm 21 foot rule

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/VnhSMJr8luk
That video is BS.

The statute is “reasonable and necessary”. Regardless of distance, if a reasonable person thought it was necessary to use deadly physical force, it should be justifiable. The prosecutional standard for determining reasonable and necessary is Ability, Opportunity and Jeopardy (AOJ). Those three elements must be in play. A person with an edged weapon represents ability. Their proximity represents opportunity as well as can represent jeopardy. In AZ there is a presumption of self-defense. The prosecutor has to prove it wasn’t self defense.

Besides the Turley drill was not about shooting someone at 21 feet. It was about not having your weapon holstered, and not being prepared to react to someone with a knife within that distance. It had nothing to do with shooting them. It was just an acknowledgement that if they decided to attack you it would be very hard to get your weapon out and stop the threat based on reaction times and their ability to close distance. The whole point of that drill has always been that in those types of distances, your weapon should already be drawn. The decision to actually shoot isn’t just about distance alone. The other parts of that drill are about learning to put obstacles (like your vehicle) between you to increase your response time and lessen their ability to attack you and potentially never have to shoot at all.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Joe_Blacke wrote: March 28th, 2024, 6:46 am

That video is BS.

The statute is “reasonable and necessary”. Regardless of distance, if a reasonable person thought it was necessary to use deadly physical force, it should be justifiable. The prosecutional standard for determining reasonable and necessary is Ability, Opportunity and Jeopardy (AOJ). Those three elements must be in play. A person with an edged weapon represents ability. Their proximity represents opportunity as well as can represent jeopardy. In AZ there is a presumption of self-defense. The prosecutor has to prove it wasn’t self defense.

Besides the Turley drill was not about shooting someone at 21 feet. It was about not having your weapon holstered, and not being prepared to react to someone with a knife within that distance. It had nothing to do with shooting them. It was just an acknowledgement that if they decided to attack you it would be very hard to get your weapon out and stop the threat based on reaction times and their ability to close distance. The whole point of that drill has always been that in those types of distances, your weapon should already be drawn. The decision to actually shoot isn’t just about distance alone. The other parts of that drill are about learning to put obstacles (like your vehicle) between you to increase your response time and lessen their ability to attack you and potentially never have to shoot at all.

Before going off half cocked and misspelling things, this is where the myth and legend originated.

And this is what has progressed from that.

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Attack of the pistol-packin Pakis

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Having big giant brass ones in your nut sack don't make you bulletproof.

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Something different

Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Those Albuquerque cops need to learn how to head and heel.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

You can always trust an attorney:

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

^^^
Well, at least he didn't try to steal a lectern. That's a SERIOUS crime!
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

This is horrible. From what I can tell, psycho murders ex, kidnaps 15-year-old daughter. Cops stop and surround getaway truck. Girl gets and runs toward cops. Cops shoot her to pieces and kill her. One of those contagion fire things, where everybody does mag dumps. Just awful.

kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

smithers599 wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 7:21 pm This is horrible. From what I can tell, psycho murders ex, kidnaps 15-year-old daughter. Cops stop and surround getaway truck. Girl gets and runs toward cops. Cops shoot her to pieces and kill her. One of those contagion fire things, where everybody does mag dumps. Just awful.

Another incident that the public will pay for, and the cops will walk away without any consequence, qualified immunity. Back the blue, back the blue, yea, OK.

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Don't get caught napping when the sicarios show up to wax your entire club.

QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 4:40 am Another incident that the public will pay for, and the cops will walk away without any consequence, qualified immunity. Back the blue, back the blue, yea, OK.
The cops went home safe that night, I keep hearing that is what is most important.

The girl, not so much.