kalinka Optics

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
Yugmoto1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

kalinka Optics

Post by Yugmoto1 »

Just curious if anyone has used any of the optics from Kalinka? I was going to ask this before the site went down but missed the chance. I discovered their website a few months ago and am thinking about buying a couple of different optics for my AK. They have a ton to choose from, so I know one won't be representative for all of them. Just wondering if anyone has had experience good or bad with Kalinka.
thanks.

samnev

Re: kalinka Optics

Post by samnev »

I bought a variable Kalinka from Kvar 7 or 8 years ago for an Arsenal 106. Seemed like a decent scope for the $$$$.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I have purchased several scopes from Kalinka, in fact i replaced the scope on my PSL with a Kalinka optic. I also have one on my Yugo M-72. I like the reticles better and the battery life on the illumination is good. Buy with confidence. I also have one of there purpose built red-dots for the AK, its a bit pricey but has a cool factor i guess. I think an aimpoint on a kvar mount would be better.
Yugmoto1

Post by Yugmoto1 »

Thanks guys, I'm happy not to hear any horror stories dealing with kalinka. I'm probably going to try one of the red dots and see how it goes. Maybe try one of the range finding scopes later.
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

h8pvmnt wrote: May 26th, 2018, 9:16 am I have purchased several scopes from Kalinka, in fact i replaced the scope on my PSL with a Kalinka optic. I also have one on my Yugo M-72. I like the reticles better and the battery life on the illumination is good. Buy with confidence. I also have one of there purpose built red-dots for the AK, its a bit pricey but has a cool factor i guess. I think an aimpoint on a kvar mount would be better.
Which one do you have on your PSL ? Thanx
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Sorry for the late reply, i don't get notified of replies so did not see till just now. I will have to look at it and see, its the POSP with a reticle calibrated for the 7.62x54R. Outside looks similar to the PSL scope. But i can't remember the model or specs off hand. I know i bought one fixed and one zoom version.