Experience with Holosun Optics

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
BroncoAZ
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Experience with Holosun Optics

Post by BroncoAZ »

AZ1 wrote: July 14th, 2018, 1:30 pm In the price point it's hard to beat a Vortex with the lifetime warranty.
The vortex dot has a low refresh rate, when I’m planning while looking through it I can see the dot flash.

I have a couple Holosun and now the Sig Romeo (on sale for around $120), no issues with any of them yet. I purchased all 4 for the price of one Aimpoint T-1. I have 7-8 Aimpoints on different rifles, from the shooter’s view the dots and glass are comparable enough.

Robertsm

Post by Robertsm »

338lapua wrote: August 16th, 2018, 12:46 am One of the guys I shoot with bought a Holosun a few weeks ago. Shot it last week with us and this week the battery was dead so low setting he got two weeks out of a battery. Has already turned off on him once battery was replaced. He was saying something about the batteries not being able to handle recoil, first I ever heard of that crap.
Have several years on my holosun Red dot without ever having that or any issue. I’m not gentle with them either.
Robertsm

Post by Robertsm »

BroncoAZ wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm
AZ1 wrote: July 14th, 2018, 1:30 pm In the price point it's hard to beat a Vortex with the lifetime warranty.
The vortex dot has a low refresh rate, when I’m planning while looking through it I can see the dot flash.

I have a couple Holosun and now the Sig Romeo (on sale for around $120), no issues with any of them yet. I purchased all 4 for the price of one Aimpoint T-1. I have 7-8 Aimpoints on different rifles, from the shooter’s view the dots and glass are comparable enough.
You like the Romeo any bettter? Been looking at that one now since they do a generous Mil/LE discount.
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by 338lapua »

Robertsm wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 1:27 pm
BroncoAZ wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm

You like the Romeo any bettter? Been looking at that one now since they do a generous Mil/LE discount.
Not durable at all.

coltnut

Post by coltnut »

I bought the new Holographic sight with green reticle,its like a smaller Eotech,built like a tank.
Reticle doesnt wash out in sunlight,no battery issues and holds zero ok so far.
The green circle dot reticle is solid and not pixilated like the Eotechs is.
was21

Post by was21 »

Been running 2 of the Holosuns pretty hard over the summer and so far have found no real issues.
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

The Sig Romeo5, for a mid level red dot optic is a very good value.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Aaron did manage to break the lens but it still functioned.

Azrckcrawler

Post by Azrckcrawler »

I have 3 Holosun optics. Favorite is the version with the Primary Arms ACSS reticle. No issues so far.
Gohugemx

Post by Gohugemx »

I have the he503 solar red dot with the circle and I love it. I like the auto brightness and auto on/off feature it has.
Elheffe

Post by Elheffe »

Holosun makes diopters for lots of the top brand optics out there, just because your Eotech or aimpoint says made in USA/ Sweden lots of parts are are outsourced
Eleroo

Post by Eleroo »

I have the HS403GL. I have not shot extensively with it but not problems with it so far. It wakes every time I pick it up. Just ordered a 507c based on all of the glowing reviews on the interwebs. I think their optics are generally well liked.
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

I bought the Holosun 510C Elite ,third time out it died.Changed battery just to confirm.It's Dead Jim.
Contacted Holosun for warranty,was told to do it off their website.Receipt required for warranty,must upload.No receipt no warranty,in my case misplaced receipt so I have a fancy paperweight.
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

coltnut wrote: December 6th, 2019, 8:01 pm I bought the Holosun 510C Elite ,third time out it died.Changed battery just to confirm.It's Dead Jim.
Contacted Holosun for warranty,was told to do it off their website.Receipt required for warranty,must upload.No receipt no warranty,in my case misplaced receipt so I have a fancy paperweight.
Holosun finally gave an RMA and replaced my dead Holosun 510C.Took awhile,they did replace it with a new one.And it works...
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

coltnut wrote: March 9th, 2020, 7:28 pm
coltnut wrote: December 6th, 2019, 8:01 pm I bought the Holosun 510C Elite ,third time out it died.Changed battery just to confirm.It's Dead Jim.
Holosun finally gave an RMA and replaced my dead Holosun 510C.Took awhile,they did replace it with a new one.And it works...
Did you end up having to provide a receipt?