telescope info

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

telescope info

Post by knockonit »

ok, an astronomer i am not, i live next to a rather large hill (mt to some) and want to scope is out, something simple, i'd say half mile to 3/4 mile viewing required, tripod ect. something if i left out on patio for a day or two wouldnt go south. if you get the drift.
thanks
Rj

shooter444

Re: telescope info

Post by shooter444 »

Interesting,... I have been considering purchasing a long distance viewing tool for awhile now. But I am a cheap bastard and not all that interested in a permanent station needed with a telescope. I found these two powerful, but cheap, binocs on Amazon. The first link is for a $69 piece, and the photo link is for a $115 piece that reviews talk about seeing the rings on Saturn!!! I like the idea of a more portable piece, and I believe a pod of some sort would be a necessity with this magnification.

Good Luck!

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/as ... atf_aqp_dp

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i've got long distance binos for a tripod, i'm looking for a telescope i can leave on my patio, maybe throw a grill cover over it, and just set it up real quick when in mood to watch the masses on the mt. we have a rescue almost weekly now that hiking season is here, whether is accidental fall or over heating or something, i've lived her over 20 years and only been to top a couple times, pretty much tells the story for most. i humped enough hills when i was hunting elk and deer, so for a exercise thing, nope not gonna happen, i just wanted to get pic of the homestead for the file
Rj
428cj

Post by 428cj »

knockonit wrote: April 5th, 2020, 5:38 am ok, an astronomer i am not, i live next to a rather large hill (mt to some) and want to scope is out, something simple, i'd say half mile to 3/4 mile viewing required, tripod ect. something if i left out on patio for a day or two wouldnt go south. if you get the drift.
thanks
Rj
Look this over. Best of luck.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/s/telescope