EOtech issue

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
Gunslinger55
ArizonaShooting.org Member

EOtech issue

Post by Gunslinger55 »

Ive run them for a long time. Had one sitting in a closet for a while I bought on a good deal from a local gun store. Put it on a carbine and lo and behold the reticle won't light up enough to see in sunlight. Put several sets of batteries in and no difference. 557 I believe. Non of my others have ever had an issue.

Anyone ever heard of this? Getting in tough with eotech now

TacMedic

Re: EOtech issue

Post by TacMedic »

I’ve never heard of anything like that, usually just to change the batteries fixes that problem. You will have to let us know what EO tech tells you what is the issue.

I ended up switching to all aim points recently, but it would still be good to know because a few of my friends still run those.
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

Well apparently there is some issues with it and eotech can’t fix it it’s brand spanking new in box but mfg 2010. Too old. So they said send it in and we give you 50 % off coupon fit s new one so i sent it in. What a pita

Saw the big lawsuit fiasco missed that they were paying msrp to send them in I guess that’s over
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

Gunslinger55 wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 8:30 am Well apparently there is some issues with it and eotech can’t fix it it’s brand spanking new in box but mfg 2010. Too old. So they said send it in and we give you 50 % off coupon fit s new one so i sent it in. What a pita

Saw the big lawsuit fiasco missed that they were paying msrp to send them in I guess that’s over
They should’ve at least given you half the price back so you wouldn’t have to buy their product again. All their coupon does require you to purchase their product again. Again another reason I switched to aim point.
Gunslinger55

Post by Gunslinger55 »

I’ve had EO techs for a long while and both with great except for this one. I’ll try one of the small ones. What the heck
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I've never had eotech ever say they couldn't fix it. That's dam weird.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Elk34 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 5:05 pm I've never had eotech ever say they couldn't fix it. That's dam weird.
That is a little odd. Hell, my buddy had an ACOG that was blown up in an IED attack, lens cracked and reticle shifted. Trijicon fixed it, no questions asked.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I switched out when the whole thing came out about zero shifts with temperature extremes...not that a casual shooter will have a gun experience that, but in Arizona with the gun in my vehicle all the time I was concerned about that. It was due to cold if I recall correctly but I didn't want to chance it. I believe they state they have fixed it now.

https://www.eotechinc.com/hws-service-a ... leshooting

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... ights.html

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/03/eotech ... z6IbHiaeu8

The last article is really the truth, it doesn't matter for most people.
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

Are you sure it is a legit EOtech and not a Chinese K.O. When you said the shop had a good deal, maybe it was too good?
DOUBLE07GT

Post by DOUBLE07GT »

I stopped using them. Went a different direction and happy I did.