Reflex sights

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
lostdog99
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Reflex sights

Post by lostdog99 »

I have shot a couple of red dot sights in the past. I like them but have. Some concerns. I recently rented a Sig 226 in SAO with the Sig Romeo 1 sight. While shooting I got some hints from a fellow shooter on using the optic to get the gun out of sidekick and back into action. Does anybody have a lot of experience with this optic and it's overall durability ?

Flash

Re: Reflex sights

Post by Flash »

I've heard on other forums of a bunch of them going T.U., but the one guy I know personally that has one has no problems at all with it.
lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

Can you elaborate ? Was it the electro is not handing the slide reciprocation? Other ?
laabstract

Post by laabstract »

I personally prefer the Trijicon RMR it is durable and I have had zero issues with the ones I have owned. The sig optic is not combat proven like the RMR, but I sure it would be just fine for a range toy, just don't expect the durability or quality to match an RMR.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Sage Dynamics who is the go to guy for testing these things had one die I believe today on the first morning of testing. If it lasts for 10K rounds for him and his over the top torture like racking the slide and shoulder height drops it will last you a lot more than that. As much as I hate it I am parting with another $500 this week for another Trijicon RMR. Not going to trust my life to a half the cost product.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I'm skeptical of anything that comes out of Sig marketing dept. these days - Keep an eye on it until its a couple years old and proven in the field.