Need help to ID a value

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
gunpoorboy1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Need help to ID a value

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I have a 6-24x50 Vortex Viper rifle scope.
Markings show:
1 click=0.1 MRAD
Made in the Philippines
It has 3 knobs, a windage, an elevation and a side focus knob.

I'm not a scope kind of guy but I know this was not a cheap scope. I would like to put
this up for sale on this site but don't want to get robbed or ask a stupid price. I do not have
the original box.

I can send pictures to anyone with more knowledge than I (which includes about all of you) if you
think you might be able to id the value. I know the number 501706 might be a key but I can't narrow that number down on line to a scope that looks like this one. I've contacted Vortex but haven't
heard back from them yet.

QuietM4

Re: Need help to ID a value

Post by QuietM4 »

Mid-end scopes don't tend to hold their value like a high-end scope will...and your version of "not a cheap scope" is going to vary from other people on this board. To me "not a cheap scope" means $1,500+....the most expensive Viper is currently around $900.

A picture will help greatly. "501706" doesn't pull up anything with my Google-Fu. Post up a pic or PM one to me.

How long have you had the scope? I know 5 years ago there weren't a lot of Viper series scopes, now there are 5 different model lines of the Viper (HS, HS LR, HST, PST Gen II, and the entry level Viper).

Without seeing it, $250-$350 would be a ballpark value...depends on the overall condition, type of reticle, etc.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

The product code doesn't come back with anything, please check it again. There a are bunch of different models of Vipers, several generations and sub-models. To really help, we may need more info.

Photos
First or Second Focal Plane
Illumination
Reticle

My guess is its a SFP, capped turret model. If so I would venture it's about $350-$450 (street price) new. Used $250-$350. I could be wrong, but other models will have another designation like Viper PST/HST/ect.
outdoorplay

Post by outdoorplay »

I've always found it's a pain to sell used scopes and the value diminishes quickly, sometimes it's better to hang on to them until you have a need again someday...
Biggame223
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Biggame223 »

Vortex are expensive cheap scopes