Riton 4x16x44

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
Hedley lamarr 23
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Riton 4x16x44

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Anybody own one?..just curious..hearing good things about them..sorry if this is in the archives already...want some azs imput...very affordable and super clear..thankyou all in advance..knew I could count on you guys :D

xerts1191

Re: Riton 4x16x44

Post by xerts1191 »

This Dude likes his
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

They make a good product at the price point. Take a look at Athlon or Arken, also. What kind of shooting are you planning on?
stomp442

Post by stomp442 »

I put one on my AR and it has been a solid optic so far on coyote stands the last couple of years. It gets a little hard to look through at high power, it really makes you get in behind the optic, which I think is a good thing but its not as forgiving as other optics in that regard. That being said the glass is clear and sharp and the reticle is nice. Like I said I have used it for a couple years now without a single issue and its far and away a better optic than anything Vortex makes near that price point.
Bman940
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Bman940 »

I have the 3 Primal 3-18X50 Illuminated MRAd reticle. I couldn't be happier with this optic. Great price, quality glass, and the zero-stop turret are just what I need to dial in my shots. Mine sits on a Remington 700 SPS .308 Win that shoots under .5 MOA. I have whacked pigs after sunset and a mangy coyote at 417 yards. I think Riton is going about making a solid name for themselves by building good optics that hunters/shooters want.
Hedley lamarr 23

QuietM4 wrote: July 24th, 2023, 1:47 pm They make a good product at the price point. Take a look at Athlon or Arken, also. What kind of shooting are you planning on?
I was thinking of putting one on a 300 rum for an elk hunt..unless you folks have a better option...thanks for the input
Hedley lamarr 23

Thanks bman and stomp..that's some great info there!...both reviews were what I wanted to hear :pray: :clap:
OMart

Post by OMart »

If it helps with your decision they are an Arizona based company. Headquarters is in Tucson near Speedway and Camino Seco.
Hedley lamarr 23

OMart wrote: August 1st, 2023, 10:12 pm If it helps with your decision they are an Arizona based company. Headquarters is in Tucson near Speedway and Camino Seco.
Ordered the 4x16x44...should be here tomorrow... :)
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

Hedley lamarr 23 wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 8:23 pm
OMart wrote: August 1st, 2023, 10:12 pm If it helps with your decision they are an Arizona based company. Headquarters is in Tucson near Speedway and Camino Seco.
The youtube video above sure made it sound good, but please tell us what YOU think when you get a chance to try it out- [you know, when it's not 140 degrees outside]!
Thanks, BB
Hedley lamarr 23

Buckshot Bill wrote: August 4th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Hedley lamarr 23 wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 8:23 pm
The youtube video above sure made it sound good, but please tell us what YOU think when you get a chance to try it out- [you know, when it's not 140 degrees outside]!
Thanks, BB
Yes Bill..lol..just got it..very impressed with the clarity..it is very clear..will mount it tomorrow..but..dang...sweating my rear off at elsy Pearson tomorrow..probably isn't going to happen...maybe next weekend..I will let all of you know my thoughts when I get her dialed in :D
Hedley lamarr 23

So..today was the day..headed down to a wide open elsy Pearson range..set her on the bags..took a minute or 2 to really focus her in..boy!..it's even clearer outside down range 100 yards..first round dead center 6 in. Low...I'm sure dumb luck..don't have a boresighter at home..made 1 adjustment..and she was dialed in.love the dot reticle..put a total of 18 rds 300 rum down range..seems fine.several shooters came over after I rattled their fillings loose and checked out the scope..they were all very impressed with the clarity.we will see how it holds up on an elk hunt in October..I'm happy..will update later :D
Bman940

Post by Bman940 »

18 rounds of .300 RUM, not my idea of a fun afternoon! lol. Glad you are happy with the 1 Primal. It definitely hits above its price point and will serve you well. The plus side is that when you get out hunting, you only have to pull the trigger one time!
Looking forward to pics of your success.
Hedley lamarr 23

Bman940 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 6:15 am 18 rounds of .300 RUM, not my idea of a fun afternoon! lol. Glad you are happy with the 1 Primal. It definitely hits above its price point and will serve you well. The plus side is that when you get out hunting, you only have to pull the trigger one time!
Looking forward to pics of your success.
Thanks sir..I had a muzzle brake made by Dane armory in chandler...I'm not lieing when I say it has less recoil than my rem.700 in 30-06...you just don't wanna be on either table next to me.
The ammo boxes usually hit the floor :D
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

QuietM4 wrote: July 24th, 2023, 1:47 pm They make a good product at the price point. Take a look at Athlon or Arken, also. What kind of shooting are you planning on?
I have three Arken SH4s (both 4-16 and 6-24 MIL and MOA) and they are better scopes than I am a shooter. I like them better than anything else I've owned - and I can tell you that from a feature perspective it matches the most expensive scopes I've ever looked through. From a quality perspective I have never had an issue with them. The one big knock on them is that they are very heavy... I'd not put one on a rifle that I was planning to lug around in the mountains on a hiking hunt...

I think that the consensus is that the $1500 - $3000+ tactical scopes start to outshine them when you start dealing with low light conditions or extremely long ranges (out past 1000M) - that the top tier Nightforce / S&B / Leupold / etc. stuff has both higher quality glass and better coatings which provide higher levels of clarity than the $300ish ($225 after the perpetual 25% discount) SH4 - and the cheaper scope has more distortion at the edge of the lens (something that I never noticed until I looked for it). I've shot a few rounds through friends guns with Nightforce ATACRs and they are absolutely fantastic - but I've never owned one - and never done a side by side comparison with an Arken. I have no doubt that the Nightforce is "better" than the arken - but it's also more than 10X the price (literally - the NF ATACR 5-25-56 is "as low as $2899" at Optics planet - you can get an SH4 for about $225) - so until you have a need for that - you can get a whole lot out of the Arkens (or Athlons etc.)...

So - I don't know the Riton that you mentioned - but I know that for just a few bucks more you can get an Arken SH4 that has a 50mm objective lens, 34MM tube, exposed turrets, illuminated reticle, and lots of other upgrades...

My 2 cents...