Single pin or multi pin bow sight?

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
landon
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Single pin or multi pin bow sight?

Post by landon »

Right now I'm using a 5 pin sight on my bow but am thinking of going to a single pin. A few of my buddies have a single pin setup and I think I'm convinced. I have always felt like my 5pin was frustrating especially when looking through the crowded sight. I like the idea of a single pin for that reason. Any recommendations or advice from some of you experienced bow hunters would be great. I've only been shooting a bow for a couple years.

Thanks
Landon

WRMorrison

Re: Single pin or multi pin bow sight?

Post by WRMorrison »

It all comes down to what you like and what works for you. I always liked a single pin sight, and used this one:

-WRM
landon

Post by landon »

That's actually the exact one I've been looking at.
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

I'm partial to my single dot. I don't shoot at longer ranges anymore.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I shot bow/traditional recurve/wood shaft arrows, for almost twenty years, up and down the east coast in Club Competition for ten years, back in the day! :violin:

Back then, my brothers and I started training in a shooting style called "SNAP SHOOTING".

Basically we were graduating from what was called "NATURAL SHOOTING",... no sights, weights, etc.,... to snap shooting, which consisted of releasing as soon as you touched the corner of your mouth with your middle finger. Bottom line, this is what we were being taught for hunting whitetails in the north east, (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire) where we would hunt.

After shooting natural/clean with Trad bows, I never could move up to "state of the art compounds" and gadget shooting, as we called it, back in the day! :whistle:

It has been many a moon since I dusted off my recurve, but, I feel it would only take a few shots to get my POA/distance ability resurrected, and get back in the groove. When shooting a bow becomes second nature, like walking and chewing gum at the same time,... it comes back to you just like riding a bicycle.

My point?,... I don't know, if you know what I am talking about, but, you may want to consider putting this "natural shooting/snap shooting" concept in your quiver for future reference. :idea:

Sometimes more simple, is more better.

I know this is not a DIRECT answer to your post,... but it could be, if you think about it! :whistle:

Or, just ignore me. :cry: