Add the numbers 🥸

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Add the numbers 🥸

Post by xerts1191 »

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/07/ ... ts-part-1/
Old guy schooled another old guy, me!
Guy at the range today was giving me the rundown on a scope he just purchased for his mini 14. He kept emphasizing us old guys should consider going with overall sight score of 80-95.
Didn’t have the foggiest idea what he was referring to on sight score, he explained the overall optic performance number. (In the graph that’s illustrated in the link)
Yeah makes perfect sense.

Doc

Re: Add the numbers 🥸

Post by Doc »

xerts1191 wrote: May 18th, 2022, 6:26 pm https://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/07/ ... ts-part-1/
Old guy schooled another old guy, me!
Guy at the range today was giving me the rundown on a scope he just purchased for his mini 14. He kept emphasizing us old guys should consider going with overall sight score of 80-95.
Didn’t have the foggiest idea what he was referring to on sight score, he explained the overall optic performance number. (In the graph that’s illustrated in the link)
Yeah makes perfect sense.
You could have save me all that and said “S&B PM2 is never the wrong choice”
samnev

Post by samnev »

From another old guy. Thanks for the link Doc. :clap:
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Great read... thanks...

I'd love to see him do some follow-up testing - maybe with the same testers - using a broader selection of scopes obtainable by us mortals. I get that he's writing to the precision rifle crowd - but I'd think that it would be an interesting exercise (and in line with his desire for objective data) to see how some of the newer import stuff (Athlon, Arken, midrange Vortex, etc.) fares. I have no expectation that these would "beat" the S&B / Zeiss / US Optics stuff - but how they compare would be really good info for some of us that are priced out of the truly top range stuff.