Cowitness Sight Question

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Cowitness Sight Question

Post by xerts1191 »

Very Good, but now it’s getting hot 🥵

freefly

Post by freefly »

BigNate wrote: May 5th, 2022, 8:51 am I picked up a set of Ameriglo sights that are slightly taller than stock but shorter than suppressor height sights. The back sight is solid black and the front is green so its visually distinct from the red of the RDS. This is a clip from a picture on a Walther forum showing what they "should" look like.
Just a quick edit to your pic there, to compare/contrast what a more minimalist (less intrusive/obstructive) BUIS set up would look like. Again, irons are back-up only on any RDS pistol, and better to keep them from encroaching into the optic window / sight picture as much as possible, IMO.

CW.JPG
CW c.jpg
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

freefly wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 3:56 pm
BigNate wrote: May 5th, 2022, 8:51 am I picked up a set of Ameriglo sights that are slightly taller than stock but shorter than suppressor height sights. The back sight is solid black and the front is green so its visually distinct from the red of the RDS. This is a clip from a picture on a Walther forum showing what they "should" look like.
Just a quick edit to your pic there, to compare/contrast what a more minimalist (less intrusive/obstructive) BUIS set up would look like. Again, irons are back-up only on any RDS pistol, and better to keep them from encroaching into the optic window / sight picture as much as possible, IMO.

CW.JPG CW c.jpg
Agreed - I wish I had purchased a blacked out front sight. On the other hand - after shooting it a bunch with the RDS on it - I honestly never saw the irons - they never interfered with picking up the dot. This was in a lit indoor range. I'll need to check it out at night in the dark - and if it is disruptive to picking up the dot I'll replace the front sight. At least I was smart enough to buy a front sight with an illumination color that is different from the dot. :-)