Swampass optics review 😂🤣😂👍

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Swampass optics review 😂🤣😂👍

Post by Doc »

While doing research

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Swampass optics review 😂🤣😂👍

Post by AZ_Five56 »

:lol: Well, I don't know about their scope mounts, but I had one of their 1-8x LPVO scopes, and I thought it was awesome. I sold it with a rifle to one of you miscreants, and I kind of miss it.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I have seen that company popping up here and there. I completely skip over them cause "swampfox." I know it is a superficial thing - but if I bought something from them everytime I looked at my firearm with something stuck on it called "swampfox" I would just feel stupid.

Who comes up with these names? Yes, yes I know it is supposed to a tribute or something to a fighter in the revolutionary war - but come on - who decided it was a good idea to call their company that.

Same reason I skipped over the springfields with "grip zone" emblazoned on the - well - grip. Same reason I won't buy a Stribog when they pop up cheap - they have the dumbest looking font for the billboard on the side. When I wanted a IWI Jericho - I waited and found one that wasn't the "baby eagle" branded on the slide.

I am sure all that stuff works just fine - and that is what is important, but no thanks. I would (and have) spent more - just to not have something stupid or stupid looking on the side of it.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Sad face :cry: You you are telling me all that time, money, and market research over my new SMEGMA branded gun lube was in vain?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: December 16th, 2021, 1:15 pm I have seen that company popping up here and there. I completely skip over them cause "swampfox." I know it is a superficial thing - but if I bought something from them everytime I looked at my firearm with something stuck on it called "swampfox" I would just feel stupid.

Who comes up with these names? Yes, yes I know it is supposed to a tribute or something to a fighter in the revolutionary war - but come on - who decided it was a good idea to call their company that.

Same reason I skipped over the springfields with "grip zone" emblazoned on the - well - grip. Same reason I won't buy a Stribog when they pop up cheap - they have the dumbest looking font for the billboard on the side. When I wanted a IWI Jericho - I waited and found one that wasn't the "baby eagle" branded on the slide.

I am sure all that stuff works just fine - and that is what is important, but no thanks. I would (and have) spent more - just to not have something stupid or stupid looking on the side of it.
If those are the sorts of things that disturb you, I'd say you have deeper rooted issues. They could call some thing "the dirty d***head", and if it worked really well, name wouldn't matter. If you have a hang up on names, then you're really not interested in pleasing yourself, it seems you're worried about some image others have of you.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: December 16th, 2021, 3:42 pm If those are the sorts of things that disturb you, I'd say you have deeper rooted issues. They could call some thing "the dirty d***head", and if it worked really well, name wouldn't matter. If you have a hang up on names, then you're really not interested in pleasing yourself, it seems you're worried about some image others have of you.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
No deeply rooted issues at all, and I don't care about image either. You sure love making assumptions about people. I please myself just fine, btw. If you want I can send you a video but you would have to sign up for my onlyfans - but luckily for you I am running a Christmas special.

I just look at some of this stuff and think "If that is what they think is a good idea, I am not perpetuating it by spending money on it."

For Example, I didn't buy anything Springfield Armory made with "Grip Zone" on it - because I think that is just stupid marketing B.S. and I am not going to support such things with my money. There are plenty of firearms that do the same thing, at the same level or better, and didn't let the marketing team run rampant. No wonder that branding didn't last.

If there are multiple things that do the same function, the same way, with the same effectiveness - I certainly am not going to buy the ones that every time I look at it I think "that's dumb" in regards to their branding. It seems I am worried about where my money goes and how it effects company's ideas of what the market wants.......
Last edited by paulgt2164 on December 16th, 2021, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.