SeeAll sights

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
QuangTri
ArizonaShooting.org Member

SeeAll sights

Post by QuangTri »

Did a search and found no mention of these fixed/red dot sights. Anyone tried them?

https://www.seeallopensight.com/

kenpoprofessor

Re: SeeAll sights

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuangTri wrote: October 27th, 2021, 12:29 pm Did a search and found no mention of these fixed/red dot sights. Anyone tried them?

https://www.seeallopensight.com/
I handled some at a pawn shop the other day, and I'd been looking at them for a while before hand, so it was nice to get up close and personal with them. I thought they were cool, but, in the end, I just didn't feel they justified the cost vs standard sights.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
freefly

Post by freefly »

Hard pass.

An "optic" that occludes/obscures everything below the POA plane (like irons do) would be a non-starter for me. Might as well stick with irons. A magnified window (making the "reticle" harder/slower to acquire) makes it even worse. I like how one of their reticles has what appears to be a BDC feature, but isn't usable since you can't see anything below the top of the reticle. LOL...
QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

Spotted the SeeAll while looking for a lower profile holo type optic. Have an Eotech 512 that is still large. Learned on M-14 irons, so still getting used to large optics of various types. Heck, still shoot my air rifles with aperture sights about as well as scopes.......

Do not like red dots sitting up on a riser, worry about snagging the things. The 512 is at least a smooth shape.
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

I have one of the original ones with black aiming triangle. Thought it would be a cool idea, but never could warm to it. Ended up pulling it off every gun I tried it on. It blocks to much of your intended target and was difficult to pinpoint the tip of the triangle on your target. I was left positioning the triangle at the top of the focusing lens so that the tip basically touched the transition between sight and what you were viewing as your target but there was a lot of uncertainty as to how close the tip of the triangle was to the edge of the lens. Alternately I could position the triangle down to where it was fully in view but my target was now very occluded by the sight. Felt like shooting a suppressor on a gun with very short sights, where you had to aim through the suppressor. Cool idea but ultimately could not find a use for it. Shooting with both eyes open help with this some what but feel strange having a different image coming in to each eye and having your brain blend them together.

The windage elevation adjustments have no clicks to let you know how far you have turned or how much to go back. I felt it was difficult to zero.

Also mine used 2 set screws on the top of the device that lock it down on to the rail, resulting in marring of the top of the gun pic rail.
Howlin Mad

Post by Howlin Mad »

Russell (Sinistral Rifleman) had one on a rifle when they first came out. We got to try it out after a 2-gun match. Consensus was, it sucked. Blacks everything, slow to aquire, all the issues Brlux mentioned above. Haven't seen it since.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

There have been many a variation of these style sights over the years - and all of them kinda sucked and failed.
DoubleAlpha

Post by DoubleAlpha »

Could not figure out what you see out of them (or don't) even after looking at a video. I guess that means the negatives outweigh the positives.....