Red dot suggestions please

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
rockbronco
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Red dot suggestions please

Post by rockbronco »

Holy s*** why does every discussion here turn into a shitshow??? Would be nice to stay on the topic of Fn reddots instead of some other BS. Fine to post where something is made as that pertains to subject but god damn no reason to go into a debate about why you dont want to buy it. Ok fine dont buy the thing. Keep your mouth shut and let others discuss the topic at hand and make up their own mind if they should buy it or not.

Its nice to see other options out there and who knows maybe someone has a safe full of USA optics but wants a cheap beater range gun to kick in the dirt and they want a cheaper alternative.

Rant off, back to redots... :angry-banghead:

Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

rockbronco wrote: January 29th, 2021, 9:19 am Holy s*** why does every discussion here turn into a shitshow???
There's one common denominator. And it also happens to be the LCD.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

OK, ignoring the reading of the tablets handed down by God;

We have beaten the crap out of Holosun red dots on several carbines, enough so that I added one to a pistol. Due to shortage of ammo and reloading components I haven’t put a lot of round through it but it has performed flawlessly so far.

In the carbine world I’ve learned that as my eyes age, optics, scopes, red dots, and magnifiers become much more attractive and I expect the same benefit where pistols are concerned.

Look for value in the red dot you choose, spending more for a name and associated bragging rights doesn’t help your shooting one bit.
lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

I also have a Trijicon gen2 RMR.
I bought it because a friend of mine (with more $$ to experiment) has used many different sights and likes RMR best. I have eyes that are increasingly difficult to focus this is a great solution. It takes practice to regain speed but I see a measurable improvement in my groups at 20-25 yds.
For carbines, I go to Aimpoint . .or anything besides Chinese . . .
RufusXG

Post by RufusXG »

I decided to try out a rds on a handgun because I just can't see night sights very well any more. I went with an RMR based on the general consensus of being the most bombproof. I have a Type 1 RM06 and haven't experienced any flickering.
RufusXG

Post by RufusXG »

AZ1182 wrote: February 6th, 2021, 3:34 pm
RufusXG wrote: February 6th, 2021, 3:19 pm I decided to try out a rds on a handgun because I just can't see night sights very well any more. I went with an RMR based on the general consensus of being the most bombproof. I have a Type 1 RM06 and haven't experienced any flickering.
If you don't mind me asking, what mount and is the sealing plate from Trijicon in place? I helped a friend with his 19 MOS and he went with my suggestions for the FCD plate instead of stock, and the sealing plate from Trijicon.
I have a cz p10c with a jagerworks milled slide and there is a plate under the rmr but I bought this used and can't vouch for the origin. I had another jagerworks p10c with a type 1 and I want to say that one did not have a plate but no problems either.
MCM34
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by MCM34 »

FCD plate doesn’t require a sealing plate with the RMR. It’s uninterrupted and full width.

2. Eliminate the need to use an additional sealer plate.