For my Glock?

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
TacMedic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

For my Glock?

Post by TacMedic »

Never buy the first.... but an RMR without any modification or different slide....this looks promising.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... atte-glock

TacMedic

Re: For my Glock?

Post by TacMedic »

Exactly why I wait. Others can try it first and let us know.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I really want to get my hands on that thing. I love the low profile, but I'm wondering what the sight picture is like. The bummer is that it looks like it replaces the rear sight, but why couldn't they just add an integrated rear sight on something like this?
landon

Post by landon »

Pretty cool! Where is the $200 vortex version? Lol
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

If you go to the website you can scroll through the pictures and you see that it actually has two dots for your iron sites and shows you what the picture would look like.

It’s a shame they didn’t do a mock up of the front site post, but it supposed to be at the same area as the dot.
Attachments
68A920BB-A0C6-4DD1-8710-DD9F546DC12F.jpeg
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Just what everyone needed....Leupold found a way to make the viewing window of an RMR smaller.
landon

Post by landon »

AZ1182 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 8:08 pm
landon wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:52 pm Pretty cool! Where is the $200 vortex version? Lol
In the house of patents, were all of the poors are waiting for it to expire so they can keep being cheap.

You could try a WTB ad, cash in hand, hoping that some sucker will take the bait so you can keep being cheap. Lol
True! Or WTT for 50 rounds 9mm FMJ these days. :lol:
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

QuietM4 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 8:26 pm Just what everyone needed....Leupold found a way to make the viewing window of an RMR smaller.
Pretty much. If it takes as much effort to find the dot as it does to line up the irons, why bother?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

mtptwo wrote: January 7th, 2021, 10:49 am
QuietM4 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 8:26 pm Just what everyone needed....Leupold found a way to make the viewing window of an RMR smaller.
Pretty much. If it takes as much effort to find the dot as it does to line up the irons, why bother?
I know a few guys that got these for testing a few months back; no good reviews. Besides the very small viewing window, the back of it just gets in the way. They were constantly hitting it during their draw stroke. For EDC, it prints like a mofo. Adding an inch to the back of your small, compact firearm just makes it the same length as a full sized gun. It takes more time to find the dot than your iron sights....but I guess that would get better with practice. You can't fully service your firearm without removing it, so you have to re-zero it again. More negatives than positives.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

QuietM4 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 11:05 am
mtptwo wrote: January 7th, 2021, 10:49 am
I know a few guys that got these for testing a few months back; no good reviews. Besides the very small viewing window, the back of it just gets in the way. They were constantly hitting it during their draw stroke. For EDC, it prints like a mofo. Adding an inch to the back of your small, compact firearm just makes it the same length as a full sized gun. It takes more time to find the dot than your iron sights....but I guess that would get better with practice. You can't fully service your firearm without removing it, so you have to re-zero it again. More negatives than positives.
All I needed to hear. Thanks!