New member from AR15.com

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
dread_scott
ArizonaShooting.org Member

New member from AR15.com

Post by dread_scott »

I've been on Arfcom for many years but only recently started posting there. I started shooting just to dirt shoot and soon realized that was a waste and started competitions. Now that I've been shooting more I'm trying to get into reloading and hunting.

I am not the greatest at checking in on sites, so hopefully I'll remember to check in (man, miss the little blue emoji from arf...) and learn from and engage more with local people. Sometimes the HTF over there is poppin and sometimes it is not.

I recognize a lot of names from over there, but hoping to meet some new people as well.

xerts1191

Re: New member from AR15.com

Post by xerts1191 »

Welcome
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I never liked AR15.com. This site is much better than that. Plus it’s AZ info. Just remember the advice on here is worth what your paying for it. 😁😂
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

Since 2002 I have been banned twice on arf.com and on my 3rd account since 2016.
There are pros and cons to both sites but IMO they are both useful in the long run.
There are people there bashing here and people here bashing there.
Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

I probably read something on arf everyday. Haven’t ever registered in 15 years because I just never have anything to add. AZS is more of a small town feel for me vs arf the NYC of guns.
the1_roadrunner

Post by the1_roadrunner »

Welcome bro but watch out dude I'm Scottish. What's this Dread Scotts sh*t? I'll sling your ass!!!

LOL, I joined Arfcom in 02 like Doc. 3 Lifetime bans so far. Can't seem to get around their new member verification tactics but have a new girlfriend so should not be a problem soon.
Basher

Post by Basher »

AZ1182 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:35 pm
the1_roadrunner wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:29 pm Welcome bro but watch out dude I'm Scottish. What's this Dread Scotts sh*t? I'll sling your ass!!!

LOL, I joined Arfcom in 02 like Doc. 3 Lifetime bans so far. Can't seem to get around their new member verification tactics but have a new girlfriend so should not be a problem soon.
Wait, were you and the other guy the ones that Ed Senior banned over the Maglite sound when hitting a felon? The great AZ hometown revolt??
Man, that brings back memories! Wasn’t there an emoji with a smiley hitting themself over the head with a MagLite or something for awhile, too? That’s a four-letter word I haven’t heard in awhile! :lol:
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

AZ1182 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:34 pm Three?? Dang, what did you do? PM if you must.
The first time I was selling some nice Australian surplus 7.62x51 ammo.
It all sold to one local guy and then Ed Sr. himself wanted some.
Even though I told him it was already sold, he wanted me to stiff the guy and sell some to him.
I said no and so I was banned.

2nd time I sold a used Trijicon RMR to a local guy that said he competed in matches and kept breaking them.
So after a little while he broke the one I sold him.
He told a friend that was also a moderator that I sold him a fake RMR and they banned me.
And no it wasn't fake.

Between those two accounts I had well over 300 positive feed backs and no negative ones.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Welcome multi-time banned member. My first one had not reason/explanation, just bye... My last ban was from them ASSuming I was a ghost/dupe account of another member. Wasn't me. Haven't been back. F' them. Sucks as I was a paid member, and spent a fair amount in the store..
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

DrEarlCordova wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:52 pm Since 2002 I have been banned twice on arf.com and on my 3rd account since 2016.
There are pros and cons to both sites but IMO they are both useful in the long run.
There are people there bashing here and people here bashing there.
I hated that place. Got kicked off for proving that AeroE was wrong on the reloading forum. After that it was fun. First time was when I stated that you can make subsonic load using 8.9 grains of IMR4227 in a 9mm with a 115 grain bullet, that was my first removal and my second was when I posted the page from a IMR loading manual. Been removed from there over 100 times now. Still have a bunch of accounts there. I hear the owner of the site died, wish it died with him.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

dread_scott wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 5:53 pm I've been on Arfcom for many years but only recently started posting there. I started shooting just to dirt shoot and soon realized that was a waste and started competitions. Now that I've been shooting more I'm trying to get into reloading and hunting.

I am not the greatest at checking in on sites, so hopefully I'll remember to check in (man, miss the little blue emoji from arf...) and learn from and engage more with local people. Sometimes the HTF over there is poppin and sometimes it is not.

I recognize a lot of names from over there, but hoping to meet some new people as well.
You are in a better place now.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

the1_roadrunner wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:29 pm Welcome bro but watch out dude I'm Scottish. What's this Dread Scotts sh*t? I'll sling your ass!!!

I am the reason for the crap people have to go through to be a member now. There was a incident where a guy threatened me and he was one of the favorite children there. I called him on his threat but they had it removed within a minute of it and few saw it. He stopped posting after that for some reason. I was all over the world at that time and everywhere I went I set up new accounts. Think I have 150 active accounts left there.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Just remembered the hatred for Different, H2OMAN and especially for Ron Smith of Smith Enterprises. Different was passionate about the M-14 and wrote a bunch of great material about the rifles. I posted a photo of myself with my face blurred out standing in Ron Smith shop and got banned for saying I was picking up my rifle from Ron.

I wouldn't be surprised if AR-15.com was a ATF operation. several people were busted from that forum.
the1_roadrunner

AZ1182 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:35 pm

Wait, were you and the other guy the ones that Ed Senior banned over the Maglite sound when hitting a felon? The great AZ hometown revolt??
That wasn't me but I do remember it happening. Damn that's been many years ago. :shock:
the1_roadrunner

338lapua wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 9:57 pm Just remembered the hatred for Different, H2OMAN and especially for Ron Smith of Smith Enterprises. Different was passionate about the M-14 and wrote a bunch of great material about the rifles. I posted a photo of myself with my face blurred out standing in Ron Smith shop and got banned for saying I was picking up my rifle from Ron.

I wouldn't be surprised if AR-15.com was a ATF operation. several people were busted from that forum.
WTF? People were busted by ATF due to AZ HTF? What for??? That's crazy. I never heard anything about that. I stayed away from Arfcom for a few years after the 2nd or 3rd time they banned me. It must have happened during that time.