Howdy!

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
High Standard
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Howdy!

Post by High Standard »

Howdy and Aloha everyone. I’m new to this forum. I just moved to the Prescott area from Hawaii. I am recently retired and I am still unpacking and trying to get my shooting and reloading life back to normal. It will probably be another month or two before I can get back to loading my own ammo and searching for a few ranges to shoot at. I am no stranger to forums as I owned and administered two of my own forums which are now defunct.

I have been shooting since I was 8 and I competed when I was 13. I have been involved in the shooting sports one way or another pretty much all my life. I Started reloading when I was 18 using my father’s set up. That was over 40 years ago. I started reloading to save money but now I reload so I can shoot some of the oddball guns I have acquired over the years. I actually enjoy reloading as much as I enjoy shooting. The only thing I have not been able to do yet is to cast my own boolits. That’s next on my list.

I have been politically active most of my life in support of the 2nd amendment. I am a conservative and a registered Independent. I am a life patron member of the NRA and I am a member of various other gun related orgs. I don’t collect guns per se because I shoot everything I own. I don’t own any safe queens. I love High Standards, rolling blocks, revolvers and mostly anything .22.

I look forward to getting more involved here as I finish unpacking everything.

xerts1191

Re: Howdy!

Post by xerts1191 »

Welcome, don’t forget to join Arizona Citizens Defense League
Buckshot Bill

Re: Howdy!

Post by Buckshot Bill »

Welcome to Arizona and here at AZS. xerts1191 has a great suggestion-
AZCDL is a great idea. They bust their backside on our behalf to keep Arizona free. Do yourself a favor and join- you'll be glad you did.

Buckshot Bill