Not happy with your new rules!

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
Tech0552
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Not happy with your new rules!

Post by Tech0552 »

@YNOTAZ that’s a great point! I agree 100%

Harrier

Post by Harrier »

YNOTAZ wrote: March 28th, 2020, 7:57 am ... Get rid of the "rules change" notice at the top of the page. It takes up too much real estate ....
I agree...
maybe a programming change can be made where until a user has met the post requirement, whenever they click a classified link, it takes them to the notice page where they can take their time reading it over... and over.... and over.

Then again, some people would just make a bunch of junk posts to get their count over the hump.
At any rate, the rest of us wouldn't have to look at it....
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Conservative 1 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 8:25 am You can take your new rules and shove'em. I've been on this site and the other site for over 15 years. So what if some of us don't post all the time. I did read the post and gained knowledge from it when I needed to and post when I needed to. This is something you should have done from the beginning when signed on and not now. Never had this problem on AZS. Delete me for good I don't want any part of you. Have a nice day

Bye Felicia!
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Just FYI, click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the notice and it's gone for good.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

YNOTAZ wrote: March 28th, 2020, 7:57 am I had to come back and add a postscript:

I have one gripe!
Get rid of the "rules change" notice at the top of the page. It takes up too much real estate and if people can't understand that joining a forum assumes you follow forum rules, they should just move along.
It's my attempt to stop an influx of 50 PM's/emails. You can "X" out of it in the top right of the notice and you won't ever see it again.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tech0552 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 8:39 am I just moved back here from Denver and I will say that yes, the new rules are troublesome at first. Just be a part of the group, contribute where you can, and don’t be an ass hat. Be thankful we have somewhere to go to that we have a shared interest in Guns.
Thank you!

Like I said before, if any users have a fair gripe about it, it is those (like you) who have only been on here for a few days and have 7-12 posts and just lost access temporarily. Just continue on as you have been and you will have it back very shortly.

Welcome to the site. 8-)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Addendum: I wrote that announcement last night and didn't realize the font was so large. I did modify it a bit to make it smaller, which unfortunately adds the notice back for everyone, including those who dismissed it already. Just close it again and it will go away. The "X" in the upper right of the announcement will close it out and you won't see it again.

It will auto-disappear for everyone by 4/1 regardless.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Conservative 1 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 8:25 am You can take your new rules and shove'em. I've been on this site and the other site for over 15 years. So what if some of us don't post all the time. I did read the post and gained knowledge from it when I needed to and post when I needed to. This is something you should have done from the beginning when signed on and not now. Never had this problem on AZS. Delete me for good I don't want any part of you. Have a nice day
:crying-yellow: :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow:
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Dang. Admin with a mic drop.
mbaza3

Post by mbaza3 »

I always feel more comfortable buying and selling with members who are active. It is a small price to pay. I will admit I have been slacking but will get back to participating. Most of us should have the time while we are at home.
sonofbp

Post by sonofbp »

I dont have an issue with the rule change but... welcome to threadsurrection 2020 where all the old threads are new again
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Tim McBride wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:07 am Just FYI, click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the notice and it's gone for good.
Thanks for the Info and the font change.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Thanks for the x thing... im a tech moron woulda never thought of it
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

Anyone complaining is probably a closet Democrat anyway, that's exactly the way they complain.

Also, holy necro post batman. All the low posters are dragging up old threads to find something to post on and get access to the classifieds. Can't blame them I guess.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Admins=(Dirty thankless job) I for one am glad we have someone that revived the site, let’s stop all the nitpicking especially over something as mundane as classifieds.