Not happy with your new rules!

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
Phessor
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Not happy with your new rules!

Post by Phessor »

So I have been on this site through several revisions, and have stepped away for awhile. I come back and all my previous posts are gone and I have to start over.
Now I am unable to see the for sale adds, horse s***!
Rant over!

SecretV
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Not happy with your new rules!

Post by SecretV »

Ditto. I've been part of the azs community since around 2008 in some form or another. Logged in today and boom back to square one feelsbad...
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Both of you have less fewer than 10 posts...how, exactly, are you a "part of the AZS community"?

The classified section should be open to those who regularly contribute to the site. I applaud the rule.
WyoGunner

Post by WyoGunner »

Yep, me too. Active before the Great Meltdown, more than enough posts then to access the classifieds. After the Great Meltdown, we all get punished and have to start over. I just go elsewhere now. Hardly even look at this site. No great loss it turns out.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

:crying-yellow:
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I have not checked any of my prior post, I try to be active and engaged, when I have time....😁
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Post more, contribute to the site.
FireArmTom

Post by FireArmTom »

Here we go again.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was sure one of these threads would pop up within a couple hours. Here are my thoughts:

If you read the info on this site and were a member of my original site (which I wasn't involved with for the last 5 years or so leading up to their crash), then you were well-aware that the requirements to access the classifieds and OT areas would be coming back. It was not a secret and was plainly stated in several places on this site that it would be put back into place when this new site was created in early 2018. This site's primary purpose is not and never was intended to be a 'classifieds' board. That has always been very plainly stated. I feel that almost 2 years is more than sufficient time to have participated in this board to meet some very mild requirements regarding usage and contributions. It's clear that if you have been around that long and have not met them, you're only here for the classified access. Why else would you start this topic?

This site has been around for approaching 2 years now and the complainants on this thread so far are:
  • Phessor - registered in June of 2018 and has 7 posts. Averaging one post every 3 months.
  • SecretV - registered October 2018 - 10 posts. Averaging one post every two months.
  • WyoGunner - registered October 2018 - 20 posts. Averaging one post per month.
How does that suggest you are part of the AZS 'community' and contributing to the betterment of the site and community? How many of your posts are outside the Classifieds? Why does your past participation in a web forum that is NOT this site (and a defunct one at that) have any bearing on your status on this web site?

Lastly, I'm sorry that you feel that I or this web site owe you something, or that you are entitled to something. That's usually not a mentality that is espoused by users who frequent this type of web forum, so it's a bit unusual to hear. Frankly, I'm not really sure how you even come to the conclusion that you deserve something or are entitled to it, but if it makes you feel better about venting here, then have at it.

Bottom line is that the classified section is a benefit to those who are part of the AZS community, contribute to it, provide useful content, answer questions, etc. and we've gone almost 2 years to give people some time to 'ramp up' which is more than sufficient, IMO.

The ones who have the biggest 'right' to complain are those who registered on the site this month and have 10 posts and lost access. Those are the ones that have the most valid reasons for being upset.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

admin wrote: March 28th, 2020, 1:31 am I was sure one of these threads would pop up within a couple hours. Here are my thoughts:

If you read the info on this site and were a member of my original site (which I wasn't involved with for the last 5 years or so leading up to their crash), then you were well-aware that the requirements to access the classifieds and OT areas would be coming back. It was not a secret and was plainly stated in several places on this site that it would be put back into place when this new site was created in early 2018. This site's primary purpose is not and never was intended to be a 'classifieds' board. That has always been very plainly stated. I feel that almost 2 years is more than sufficient time to have participated in this board to meet some very mild requirements regarding usage and contributions. It's clear that if you have been around that long and have not met them, you're only here for the classified access. Why else would you start this topic?

This site has been around for approaching 2 years now and the complainants on this thread so far are:
  • Phessor - registered in June of 2018 and has 7 posts. Averaging one post every 3 months.
  • SecretV - registered October 2018 - 10 posts. Averaging one post every two months.
  • WyoGunner - registered October 2018 - 20 posts. Averaging one post per month.
How does that suggest you are part of the AZS 'community' and contributing to the betterment of the site and community? How many of your posts are outside the Classifieds? Why does your past participation in a web forum that is NOT this site (and a defunct one at that) have any bearing on your status on this web site?

Lastly, I'm sorry that you feel that I or this web site owe you something, or that you are entitled to something. That's usually not a mentality that is espoused by users who frequent this type of web forum, so it's a bit unusual to hear. Frankly, I'm not really sure how you even come to the conclusion that you deserve something or are entitled to it, but if it makes you feel better about venting here, then have at it.

Bottom line is that the classified section is a benefit to those who are part of the AZS community, contribute to it, provide useful content, answer questions, etc. and we've gone almost 2 years to give people some time to 'ramp up' which is more than sufficient, IMO.

The ones who have the biggest 'right' to complain are those who registered on the site this month and have 10 posts and lost access. Those are the ones that have the most valid reasons for being upset.
Can I get an AMEN?

I’m not a huge contributor, at times, but fully support this.

Honestly there are great people on here that have helped direct my builds, purchases, and even have bought a few of my excess items. I appreciate the site and that it returned!

Thanks. If I need to contribute more, I will. 🤷🏼‍♂️
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

relief at last, relief at last, some dont get it, but hey maybe the light came on for them

thanks
Rj
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

It makes me feel better dealing with people that have posted on this board so I can make a judgement of who I am dealing with. My judgement could be wrong, prejudiced, totally out of line with current wokeness but at least I have a basis to make a judgement. That would be gone if anyone could just pop in and flip guns & ammo here.

The rules serve a purpose for me.

I had to come back and add a postscript:

I have one gripe!
Get rid of the "rules change" notice at the top of the page. It takes up too much real estate and if people can't understand that joining a forum assumes you follow forum rules, they should just move along.
Last edited by YNOTAZ on March 28th, 2020, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viperdisorder

Post by Viperdisorder »

Fair enough, been here for a while, just lurking
Conservative 1

Post by Conservative 1 »

You can take your new rules and shove'em. I've been on this site and the other site for over 15 years. So what if some of us don't post all the time. I did read the post and gained knowledge from it when I needed to and post when I needed to. This is something you should have done from the beginning when signed on and not now. Never had this problem on AZS. Delete me for good I don't want any part of you. Have a nice day
Last edited by Conservative 1 on March 28th, 2020, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech0552

Post by Tech0552 »

I just moved back here from Denver and I will say that yes, the new rules are troublesome at first. Just be a part of the group, contribute where you can, and don’t be an ass hat. Be thankful we have somewhere to go to that we have a shared interest in Guns.