Not happy with your new rules!

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Not happy with your new rules!

Post by shooter444 »

Really,... this is still going on!!!

Just how many new member whiners we got on this board, now!!!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rob3220 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 2:36 pm I agree and disagree with your position.
If you wanted to see my life member NRA card, my GCA membership, AzCdl, whatever - I’m not some slick who just drove in from CA. Thanks, Rob3220.
That's great. I support those organizations as well. This is about supporting AZS - none of those organizations provide any help to keep this site going - it comes out of my pocket.

3 people are patrons and help support this site with between $5 and $10 per month and that helps considerably and I am very appreciative to those members - but I get why not everyone can support it with money... so the alternative is to support it by providing helpful, meaningful and useful content.

If you don't want to support AZS in either of those manners, that's your choice - and yet I still give you and everyone else, 100% free access to the web site that I pay to run, spend my time to build and develop, but neither I nor this site owe you anything (ie, access to the classifieds here) regardless of how many other 2nd Amendment groups you support.

While I kinda directed that at your post Rob3220, it was meant in a more general sense to those who are complaining about access to the Classifieds, so don't take it personally.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Subject Change ** Any consideration as to making the site an actual subsidiary of ACDL?
I know a lot of us, including Az.shooting site are supporters, maybe you all could hammer something out?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've offered them a dedicated forum here in the past, but I think it's more work for them to 'manage' it than they want to subject themselves to at this time.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Well it’s good you made the offer, balls in their court?
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by 501 »

TacMedic wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 2:30 am I find it hilarious that the thread continues to grow, with some of the same comments being made. One of these days admin will lock it. 🤷🏼‍♂️👍🏻😁
Hey! How else are we supposed to get our post count up :shhh:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

501 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 7:08 am
TacMedic wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 2:30 am I find it hilarious that the thread continues to grow, with some of the same comments being made. One of these days admin will lock it. 🤷🏼‍♂️👍🏻😁
Hey! How else are we supposed to get our post count up :shhh:
They are going to be disappointed. Some topics/forums don't 'count' posts towards forum participation despite your little post counter incrementing.

Here's one hint: this thread, specifically, doesn't help anyone gain access.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hellsing76

Post by Hellsing76 »

I certainly get it and came back today to a big ol nothing but I haven't contributed as I have in past on the other site.

That being said I did score a damn great deal on an Hk USP45T the other day on arfcom for dirt, dirt cheap, hanging out in that pig pen for a while now. So grass and greenness and all. Sometimes true. But as it has been said, I can always contribute more here. I just dont know enough s*** anyone wants to know about, lol.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hellsing76 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 5:51 pm I certainly get it and came back today to a big ol nothing but I haven't contributed as I have in past on the other site.

That being said I did score a damn great deal on an Hk USP45T the other day on arfcom for dirt, dirt cheap, hanging out in that pig pen for a while now. So grass and greenness and all. Sometimes true. But as it has been said, I can always contribute more here. I just dont know enough s*** anyone wants to know about, lol.
There are plenty of discussion topics to participate in. Further, if you "don't know enough stuff" - it helps to ask questions in the technical forums to allow others who DO know the answers to share their knowledge, which in turn sparks conversations and provides content for others to read.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Hellsing76 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 5:51 pm I certainly get it and came back today to a big ol nothing but I haven't contributed as I have in past on the other site.

Did you delouse your self after visiting barf.com?
Hellsing76

Post by Hellsing76 »

admin wrote: April 10th, 2020, 7:04 pm

There are plenty of discussion topics to participate in. Further, if you "don't know enough stuff" - it helps to ask questions in the technical forums to allow others who DO know the answers to share their knowledge, which in turn sparks conversations and provides content for others to read.
Yes, agreed. Work has had me so darn busy past few years, multiple sites and input that isn't just regurgitated, just hasn't been in the cards. I am not stopping work so time will not extend for me. I know enough stuff to be involved, just haven't made time here away from Jeepin, metalwork, child learning to drive, etc., etc. Just haven't found an extra hour or so a day to play here. I'll try and be productive here though. Met a bunch of dudes through your sites (this one and that one when you started it) that I would have their 6 any day of the week!

Tell ya what, I'll try and be happy with whatever happens, still happy to be a part of your forum. Thanks.
Last edited by Hellsing76 on April 11th, 2020, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellsing76

Post by Hellsing76 »

Crippledtrigger wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:02 am

Did you delouse your self after visiting barf.com?
That's a big negatory, ghost rider! I also have no issue in the $24 to stay grimy over yonder Sir, after the deals they've yielded over the last 11 years.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

It's your soul. Sell it to which ever devil you want to.
BroncoAZ

Post by BroncoAZ »

Living in Flagstaff instead of “the valley”, much of the stuff on this site doesn’t have much appeal compared to the old site when I lived in Phoenix.

I met many cool and interesting individuals on the old board through classifieds transactions. The loss of classifieds access is annoying, but it doesn’t really matter as everything is 2+ hours away anyway. For gun sales I’ve switched to Armslist, for accessories ar15.com or snipershide.com are working very well for me. Throwing something in a priority mail box or envelope is far more convenient than driving to Phoenix.