Not happy with your new rules!

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
WM83
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Not happy with your new rules!

Post by WM83 »

Here to contribute for new rules 😁

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Patron supporters are those who put their money where their mouth is, so to speak, and are given access to all the forums in addition to special forums to discuss their thoughts on site features, how its run/managed, etc.

ie, for those who actually spend their hard earned money to support the site either via advertising or patreon, I feel they should have a bigger voice in providing thoughts on how the site is run and managed.
Pipedoc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Pipedoc »

The cost of being a member here is minimal, just invest some time and be part of the group and all your magic want ad's will come true. Thanks to the mods for not setting the bar too high. If I managed to keep access than they have not set the bar that high as I don't post all that often.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

IMO,... it's about time!!!

I quit buying on this board because I couldn't recognize the majority of sellers, lately. I am a member that likes to get a feel for a seller, by his/her posts, before I invest time and energy into a meet.

No post history,... I'm not interested in buying.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Tim McBride wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:07 am Just FYI, click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the notice and it's gone for good.
Well, I DO feel a little stupid now.
Two days of dealing with and looking at that thing ,,,,,,, and it was that easy ?
Um , I guess I should have paid attention in "Forum 101". :think:
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Don't,... you're not alone, on this one! :oops:
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

So before people keep piling on Admin for this, I am the one who instigated this. I suggested that we finally implement this long planned change. I wanted it done more than anything, to protect our long time members from what is sure to be an influx of scammers in the next few months. Making the requirements to even see the EE a bit more stringent should help mitigate some potential problems.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Tim McBride wrote: March 29th, 2020, 12:04 pm So before people keep piling on Admin for this, I am the one who instigated this. I suggested that we finally implement this long planned change. I wanted it done more than anything, to protect our long time members from what is sure to be an influx of scammers in the next few months. Making the requirements to even see the EE a bit more stringent should help mitigate some potential problems.
Thanks, Tim. I think all the regular users agree and appreciate all the work that goes on behind out computer screens. I think most of the users would be more comfortable selling/buying from users who post more than once every 8 months.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Time to get the post count up again.
TacoTime

Post by TacoTime »

I think it’s a good rule to break out the scammer who might infiltrate this site to gouge prices. I’m an old member and we had to post before we had access, it’s nothing new
ex462

Post by ex462 »

Glad to see the long planned change happen. I had to wait on the old forum to get access to the ads and I think everyone should post MORE,either by helping other members with hints as to how to do something,where to shoot,what products to buy, or all firearm related topics.We each have something to give.even just a Good Job or atta boy.
TacoTime

Post by TacoTime »

The rules Dont say anything besides contribute to the community. Pretty vague
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TacoTime wrote: March 29th, 2020, 1:21 pm The rules Dont say anything besides contribute to the community. Pretty vague
That's correct. And it's pretty obvious why. If I say what the requirements are, those who ONLY want access to the classifieds will do the bare minimum and then stop. Frankly, I don't want those people here. That's not the goal for this site.

In fact, the requirements will continually be 'in flux' until I find a good balance I like. If a user has been a member for 1 year, has 50 posts and 40 of those posts are in the classifieds, he may not have access for long. Or if the user has 50 posts, but 30 of them are replies with less than 20 characters (letters, numbers, etc), then those may not count toward access.

Access will always include a participation/contribution requirement (not monetary, but to the forum information) and a time requirement. More stringent requirements will be gradually added as we go, so those who continue to contribute to the community and content will not see any restrictions as they will continually meet the bar for access.

Those who do just enough to get over this initial hump to get access and then stop, will find that they will continually lose access as time goes on and more gets added. Bottom line: if you're here for just the classifieds, this isn't the forum for you.
TacoTime

Post by TacoTime »

admin wrote: March 29th, 2020, 1:42 pm
TacoTime wrote: March 29th, 2020, 1:21 pm The rules Dont say anything besides contribute to the community. Pretty vague
That's correct. And it's pretty obvious why. If I say what the requirements are, those who ONLY want access to the classifieds will do the bare minimum and then stop. Frankly, I don't want those people here. That's not the goal for this site.

In fact, the requirements will continually be 'in flux' until I find a good balance I like. If a user has been a member for 1 year, has 50 posts and 40 of those posts are in the classifieds, he may not have access for long. Or if the user has 50 posts, but 30 of them are replies with less than 20 characters (letters, numbers, etc), then those may not count toward access.

Access will always include a participation/contribution requirement (not monetary, but to the forum information) and a time requirement. More stringent requirements will be gradually added as we go, so those who continue to contribute to the community and content will not see any restrictions as they will continually meet the bar for access.

Those who do just enough to get over this initial hump to get access and then stop, will find that they will continually lose access as time goes on and more gets added. Bottom line: if you're here for just the classifieds, this isn't the forum for you.
No worries! I like the rules! Thanks for the clarification :)
jledman

Post by jledman »

Thanks for keeping the guys together. It is appreciated.