New to the forum and new to AZ

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
Joe Martin
New to ArizonaShooting.org

New to the forum and new to AZ

Post by Joe Martin »

Just moved to AZ recently from the Portland, OR area. When a job transfer opportunity came up
I jumped on it. My wife and I were both sick of the rain, political climate, and increasingly anti-gun laws being passed...

The heat is going to take some getting used to, but we're very glad we made the move.

ex462
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: New to the forum and new to AZ

Post by ex462 »

welcome.you will adjust to the heat but you will miss the rain.the political climate here is not the same. enjoy az
Joe Martin

Post by Joe Martin »

Thanks! I grew up in that region and spent a good chunk of my adult life there as well - I've had my fill... Also lived in Israel for 5 years and didn't really miss the rain there either.

I can already appreciate the change in political climate/gun culture here. People would often call the police if you were open carrying, or even concealed if they happened to see your gun showing.
thom

Post by thom »

Congrats, welcome back home. Next step check out Arizona Citizens Defense League. They are our reps to keep Az gun friendly.
Thom
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Welcome