Returning to the Fold

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
backcountry
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Returning to the Fold

Post by backcountry »

I watched as the old one crashed with the new servers. I didn't think it would ever come back.

I'm surprised my old "search" items showed up in the pop down for "Subject"

I'm a Prescott senior since we moved from Montana in 1980. My work background is in Law, Medicine, and Computers.
I endured High School at New Mexico Military Institure (NMMI). 24/7 military Prep school for the academies. Lived and slept with my M1. Straightened me right up.

I went to undergraduate in LA at USC doing Navy ROTC. I did a summer tour aboard the aircraft carrier, Coral Sea. The Coral Sea was just back from Yankee station off Vietnam and we were catching Jarhead pilots that had never hit a carrier deck before. Incredibly exciting stuff.

My interests are Guns, Guitars, Gold, and Girls. The G's rule.

At 70, I am a Revolver guy inside and out. I reload 32, 32-20, 38, 357mag, 357Maximum, 44, and 45 Colt. Every powder and bullet known to man.

Colts, S&W, Rugers, Dan Wessons, T/C and United Sporting Arms Abilenes, Sevilles, and EL Dorados.

Shoot mostly benchrest in the backcountry mountains in the summer and desert canyons in the winter. Usually a week at a time shooting my test loads and then the metal at 100 yards plus.

SAR show is for seeing old friends.

Grandpa, still kicking at 94, was a B17 pilot in WWII with 35 missions. Stories that last forever.
Brother in Law was a Lieutenant in Seal Team ONE. Diving buddy.
My son joined the Navy at 37 years old. Went to boot camp with the 18 year olds at Great Lakes and was selected Honor Cadet.

Hell of a life so far.

xerts1191

Re: Returning to the Fold

Post by xerts1191 »

Old guys rule!
Arplatform
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Returning to the Fold

Post by Arplatform »

I just returned myself and agree I thought it might never get back up and running again. Glad to be back!