Moving to Mesa/Gilbert area.

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
The Smudge
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Moving to Mesa/Gilbert area.

Post by The Smudge »

Hey folks! I'll be escaping Washington and moving down there this July (I didn't get to pick when). Don't worry, I'm not bringing Washington state politics with me, the wife and I aren't from here and we're glad to be leaving. I've been on Waguns forum since 2011, and I've learned the importance of being an active member of the online 2A community, and I consider it an important thing to continue. Thanks to the staff for providing and running just such a place.

We're flying out on the 15th to house hunt, then we make the drive on the 7th, so I'll be a new neighbor to some of ya'll pretty soon!

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Moving to Mesa/Gilbert area.

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Welcome, and good luck with the move! Just out of curiosity, where are you from originally?
The Smudge

Post by The Smudge »

Thanks! I'm originally from El Paso, my wife is from south Florida.
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by xerts1191 »

Bring Water!
Welcome
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

Welcome, and I hope you've got your pockets full of $$$$ if you're intending on buying a home in the Phoenix area!
The Smudge

Post by The Smudge »

Thanks, guys!

Bill, the market here has been absolutely stupid the past two years. We're getting out just a few months past "hundred thousand dollar offer over list price" type insanity. Fed jacked up the interest rates and people slowed down a bit, but our home is still valued at over twice what we paid for it. Fingers crossed and all that.
iammaxwell

Post by iammaxwell »

Best of luck to you. Glad you're house doubled. You're going to need it, as others have said. Ours has tripled in 8 years, out here in SE Valley. Or you thinking of starting off renting? Though, from what I've heard, the rental market is bonkers too.
The Smudge

Post by The Smudge »

Thanks!

Luckily, my wife's company offers temporary corporate housing if we don't find the right place right off the bat, so we have that as a backup. I don't know how long that's good for, but it'll mean we have to move into it with what I can fit in the truck and a Uhaul and that'll be it, because stuff will go into storage, and it's something like five thousand bucks if we need to get into it to get anything out prior to moving it. So obviously we don't want to do that long-term.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I usually admonish folks moving here with: "if you are fleeing stupidity - please don't vote to bring the same stupidity here..." However, it sounds like you don't need to hear this (hallelujah)... so I'll just say: "WELCOME!" :-)
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

The Smudge wrote: June 5th, 2022, 6:26 pm Thanks, guys!

Bill, the market here has been absolutely stupid the past two years. We're getting out just a few months past "hundred thousand dollar offer over list price" type insanity. Fed jacked up the interest rates and people slowed down a bit, but our home is still valued at over twice what we paid for it. Fingers crossed and all that.
Yeah, I expected you were already well aware of the housing market insanity, so I'll just say again welcome and I hope everything works out for you.
Good luck,
Buckshot Bill