Back on AZS.

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
Glock_Holiday
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Back on AZS.

Post by Glock_Holiday »

I was around the old site for a lot of years. Owned an 07 FFL in Gilbert for about 12 years until I sold it last year. Some of you probably know me from that. Well I’m back around and checking things out. Glad to see the classifieds are back, threw a few things I need to re-home on there already.

Jason

Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Re: Back on AZS.

Post by Gatsby »

I stopped going there after you sold it, but I hope that the sale got you the freedom to pursue something new. Hope you're both doing well.
Glock_Holiday

Post by Glock_Holiday »

Gatsby wrote: December 30th, 2021, 2:09 am I stopped going there after you sold it, but I hope that the sale got you the freedom to pursue something new. Hope you're both doing well.
I have heard that from more than one person since the sale. Even had angry phone calls and texts about the situation from former customers. It’s unfortunate since the new owners had an opportunity to continue on with a good thing and choose to do a 180 almost immediately. I appreciate your patronage when we had it, but it was a good time for us to make a change. After we sold the place I took a job working for a company in the automotive performance aftermarket industry. I have always been a car guy at heart so it was a good fit.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

A lot of us gun guys are car guys as well.

Many of my friends have commented on my extensive gun collection, and I always answer, that I am much more of a car nut than a gun nut, and I would have a back yard full of car projects if there wasn't some whack job politician trying to find some new angle to ban my gun hobby EVERY SINGLE DAY.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

brian10x wrote: December 30th, 2021, 6:49 am A lot of us gun guys are car guys as well.

Many of my friends have commented on my extensive gun collection, and I always answer, that I am much more of a car nut than a gun nut, and I would have a back yard full of car projects if there wasn't some whack job politician trying to find some new angle to ban my gun hobby EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Don't think that the car enthusiast isn't getting attacked daily by the same whack jobs.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

True, but they seem to be a little less successful than the gun banners, at least for now.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

brian10x wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:10 am True, but they seem to be a little less successful than the gun banners, at least for now.
The EPA forced HUGE fines on shops modifying cars this year. Wasn't uncommon for a mom/pop shops to get fines $20k+. If you haven't signed the RPM act, or sent a letter to our local leadership, please do.

https://www.sema.org/epa-news
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Jason,

Glad things are going good for you, i also have not been back there since you sold. Happy New Year.

Mike W.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Glock_Holiday wrote: December 30th, 2021, 6:13 am
Gatsby wrote: December 30th, 2021, 2:09 am I stopped going there after you sold it, but I hope that the sale got you the freedom to pursue something new. Hope you're both doing well.
I have heard that from more than one person since the sale. Even had angry phone calls and texts about the situation from former customers. It’s unfortunate since the new owners had an opportunity to continue on with a good thing and choose to do a 180 almost immediately. I appreciate your patronage when we had it, but it was a good time for us to make a change. After we sold the place I took a job working for a company in the automotive performance aftermarket industry. I have always been a car guy at heart so it was a good fit.
Still have the Trans-Ams?
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

XJThrottle wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:45 am
brian10x wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:10 am True, but they seem to be a little less successful than the gun banners, at least for now.
The EPA forced HUGE fines on shops modifying cars this year. Wasn't uncommon for a mom/pop shops to get fines $20k+. If you haven't signed the RPM act, or sent a letter to our local leadership, please do.

https://www.sema.org/epa-news
Even worse is nailing the shop for selling the parts to modify and not even the end user. Even if it was sold under a non road use branding. Was a pretty popular thing for diesel shops to get hit for dpf deletes and such but the EPA is attacking everyone just as hard now.

Yep the RPM act has been lurking for a while now.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Welcome back, Jason
Glock_Holiday

Post by Glock_Holiday »

XJThrottle wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:51 am
I still have the 68 Firebird that was always down at the shop. 68 Camaro I’ve had since high school, a 55 Chevy and a 68 Big Block Corvette all mixed in there. Ended up going to work for Holley right after I sold the shop. It’s been a different world for sure.
Glock_Holiday

Post by Glock_Holiday »

Old Jeff H wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:17 am Welcome back, Jason
Thank you.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Glock_Holiday wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:58 am
XJThrottle wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:51 am

I still have the 68 Firebird that was always down at the shop. 68 Camaro I’ve had since high school, a 55 Chevy and a 68 Big Block Corvette all mixed in there. Ended up going to work for Holley right after I sold the shop. It’s been a different world for sure.
What do you do for Holley?
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

XJThrottle wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:07 am
brian10x wrote: December 30th, 2021, 6:49 am A lot of us gun guys are car guys as well.

Don't think that the car enthusiast isn't getting attacked daily by the same whack jobs.
Not particularly true (I work in the automotive space as well - I build custom cars / hot rods / race cars.) and the EPA and their horde of ignorant worshipers have been attempting to destroy the industry for decades. Not to mention dumba** city officials and politicians. As others have stated the EPA has been going at private small shops hard the last few years - because they know they can't afford to fight it. The most public have been PFI, JH Diesel, etc.

You should have seen it last time we had the permits checked for our paint booth (which is always correct and current) - we had no fewer than 15 city employees in the shop actively searching for ways to fine us / shut us down. The only reason they were there is because a business down the street caught fire - and the result of the FD putting out the fire caused sewer issues so they used that as an excuse to "raid" us thinking they could generate revenue. Did they do the same to the MJJ grow facility across the street? Nope, of course not. Lol. If you want easy proof that the "car guy" community has it just as bad as the "gun guys" then look no further than Cali's CARB laws, and all the states with "emissions" testing, "gas guzzler" taxes, and the myriad of useless laws that target modified vehicles.