New Member intro

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
sabitbol
New to ArizonaShooting.org

New Member intro

Post by sabitbol »

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to AZ. I recently moved from Bay area (thank god) and just now starting to build back my armory. I've been around guns mostly since 2003 when I joined the Marine Corps. I currently a contractor for the state dept and rigorously shoot all kinds of weapon systems. I am wondering if there are any members on this board that are or maybe are interested in doing a tactical shoot? I know price for ammo right now is through the roof. Is there guys still out there shooting? Any suggestions on locations on where to shoot? I live in Phoenix, dont mind a little drive if I have to. Of course, all range safety will be applied along with tidiness and cleaning up brass and trash afterword.

Thanks again!

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: New Member intro

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Welcome to the site.

A lot of people are still shooting, but I for one have throttled back with the ammo prices. Many of the desert shooting spots have been shut down due to the abuse and litter that has occurred for years. The ones that are still open are heading in that same direction fast. I don't know what part of Phoenix you're in, but up north a lot of people go to some established shooting sites off of Table Mesa Road west of I-17. I think there are also some places to shoot out west of Buckeye. Perhaps others will chime in on that.
sabitbol

Post by sabitbol »

Thanks for your reply!
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Welcome, and thank you for your service.
xerts1911
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by xerts1911 »

Welcome