Thieves/Scammers

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Thieves/Scammers

Post by thom »

Information for all the new and old gunowners out there. I came across another gun site in Az. There were many guns, ammo and stuff listed that were pro-2a. There was a Glock 19x and a 17 each listed for $400.00. Too good to be true. Scottsdale address he said in his texts, and a 480 area code. I thought that he was selling to make rent or something like that. He wanted a quick sale and I told him that I could meet him the next day at Bass Pro. He told me that he could meet me closer to my area. I gave him an address and offered $5.00 for gas. He replied with $30.00 in my paypal account or I don't come and you better have the $400.00. I told him the deal was off with that type of attitude. The next day I was driving through scottsdale and texted him asking he if he still had the guns and wanted to sell them, he answered yes. I gave him an hours notice that I could meet him where he wanted. He wanted $200.00 in his account before he would leave his house because he didn't want to waste his time. I told him that I would have to see the guns before any money changed hands. He still hasn't answered me 2 days later. The ads have been pulled from that site.
There are scammers/thieves in our midst. Don't send money to anyone anymore through the different money transfer sites. Pictures of guns/stuff can be photoshopped into an ad. And don't send money Paypal friends and family. You can't get it back.
Modify message

Lobo2087

Re: Thieves/Scammers

Post by Lobo2087 »

Bit bold of him
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Good call on pulling out.....red flag is sending paypal ahead of time, thats how they get ya. I wouldn't mind doing a transfer standing there in front of them but as always cash is king and my preferred method.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

IMG_2866.GIF
(606.17 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
How many people would actually send the money, I say a few :shifty:
vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

With that kind of attitude, I would've bailed out the first instance.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Thanks for the beware reminder thom that thieves/scammers are everywhere.
iotarho
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by iotarho »

Thanks for sharing.. is it allowed to share info so we can watch out for this guy? I can see why it might be against forum rules to post phone or address details, but figured I'd ask at least.
thom

Post by thom »

The website took care of it already. The ads have been removed right after I notified them. If I hear anything else about those ads I will list his # so everyone call call him.
samnev

Post by samnev »

vvalter_vvhite wrote: February 1st, 2021, 10:47 am With that kind of attitude, I would've bailed out the first instance.
So would I.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

I am pretty active on another 2A forum. And there is a particular member on that board that has been ripped off more than once by scammers. And I predict it will happen again. Too stupid to know better.