New to Prescott, Advice Request

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
Robert1234
ArizonaShooting.org Member

New to Prescott, Advice Request

Post by Robert1234 »

New to the Prescott area, looking to purchase a couple of guns (CZ Shadow 2, S&W M&P9 Pro Performance Center 2.0 5" CORE, & AR Lower), can anyone recommend a dealer with reasonable prices for ordering or receiving a gun?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: New to Prescott, Advice Request

Post by AZ_Five56 »

If you can't find gun stores in stock locally, you could try Gunbroker online and have something shipped to your local gun shop where you can fill out a background check to complete the transaction.

I doubt anyone on the forums will sell you anything if that's what you were getting at. You set up an account on the site over a year ago, and you're just now making your first post. Seems kind of sketchy to me. Also, you say you're in the Prescott area, but your location shows as Alameda, so there's that too. Forgive me if I seem overly suspicious.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Shop around for an ffl with reasonable rates for transfer and shop

https://www.gunbroker.com/

You would find a difficult time finding guns in stock period but specific guns on a wishlist probably isn't going to happen without searching nationwide.

Expect to pay 1/4 to 1/2 more than you recall your choices going for. Those are the new "reasonable" prices and won't change soon.

edited to add
https://www.cdnnsports.com/

they have been sending me emails with loads of AR lowers. I dont have one and dont know what is still available but its worth a look. First step is to find a receiving FFL
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I'd be more worried about the arsenic in the water up there...
hope you have one of the 'good' water suppliers and buy lots of bottled water.
rwhisk
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by rwhisk »

As you are in Prescott....you live next door to one of the major distributors in the country...Davidsons. Check out their web page....you can place orders through Davidson's that are fulfilled through one of their retailers (which are listed on the web page)...quite a few of them in your area. Here is the web page..........https://www.galleryofguns.com/
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Whew .. that is 'spensive

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Ke ... Shadow%202

but if ya got it

there they are
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

rwhisk wrote: November 6th, 2020, 5:26 pm As you are in Prescott....you live next door to one of the major distributors in the country...Davidsons. Check out their web page....you can place orders through Davidson's that are fulfilled through one of their retailers (which are listed on the web page)...quite a few of them in your area. Here is the web page..........https://www.galleryofguns.com/
Yeah, Davidson's seems to have absolutely nothing lately. Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com is where I ordered the guns, to be sent to Bucky O'Neill Guns. Waiting on delivery now.

Gonna try Tombstone Tactical in Chino Valley for the AR lower, see what they have.

Thanks.

Bob
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

Boriqua wrote: November 6th, 2020, 1:53 pm Shop around for an ffl with reasonable rates for transfer and shop

You would find a difficult time finding guns in stock period but specific guns on a wishlist probably isn't going to happen without searching nationwide.

Expect to pay 1/4 to 1/2 more than you recall your choices going for. Those are the new "reasonable" prices and won't change soon.

edited to add

they have been sending me emails with loads of AR lowers. I dont have one and dont know what is still available but its worth a look. First step is to find a receiving FFL
Found both guns I was looking for at Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com, and ordered them. See how Bucky O'Neill Guns does on the transfer. Progress I guess...
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Robert1234 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 12:52 pm
Boriqua wrote: November 6th, 2020, 1:53 pm Shop around for an ffl with reasonable rates for transfer and shop

edited to add

Found both guns I was looking for at Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com, and ordered them. See how Bucky O'Neill Guns does on the transfer. Progress I guess...
Finding an FFL that provides good service and is pleasant to work with and doesnt cost a fortune is like gold if your a gun guy. I have been using area 15 for the last few years and I think even if they moved further away I would continue to use them.
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

AZ1182 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:50 am You moved here from CA?
I did.
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

AZ_Five56 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:51 am If you can't find gun stores in stock locally, you could try Gunbroker online and have something shipped to your local gun shop where you can fill out a background check to complete the transaction.

I doubt anyone on the forums will sell you anything if that's what you were getting at. You set up an account on the site over a year ago, and you're just now making your first post. Seems kind of sketchy to me. Also, you say you're in the Prescott area, but your location shows as Alameda, so there's that too. Forgive me if I seem overly suspicious.
What's "sketchy" about asking what most do to buy guns in a town I'm new to? Has anything I've asked been in any way unlawful or deceptive? Have I asked anyone to sell me a gun? And even if I did (I didn't), if the sale was done in compliance with all state, local, and federal laws, what's making you suspicious? I hope Fry's is a bit less suspicious when I go to buy beer...

I started checking out this forum when I was looking for places to retire to. That was about three years ago. I've visited three times since then before retiring and moving here.

I'll update my profile as soon as this post is finished.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Robert1234 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 1:24 pm
AZ_Five56 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:51 am If you can't find gun stores in stock locally, you could try Gunbroker online and have something shipped to your local gun shop where you can fill out a background check to complete the transaction.

What's "sketchy" about asking what most do to buy guns in a town I'm new to? Has anything I've asked been in any way unlawful or deceptive? Have I asked anyone to sell me a gun? And even if I did (I didn't), if the sale was done in compliance with all state, local, and federal laws, what's making you suspicious? I hope Fry's is a bit less suspicious when I go to buy beer...

I started checking out this forum when I was looking for places to retire to. That was about three years ago. I've visited three times since then before retiring and moving here.

If you read my original reply, that's not what I said was sketchy. I thought it was sketchy that you set the account up OVER a year ago and are just now making your first post along with the location discrepancy of your profile.

I have seen posts eerily similar on other forums and social media lately that were asking the same questions and then tilting to who here is going to sell me a gun. Also, we're getting a slew of bot accounts for whatever reason, so there is a heightened sense of alertness to abnormalities right now. Sorry for any offense I caused, and welcome to the group.
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

AZ_Five56 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 1:32 pm
Robert1234 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 1:24 pm

If you read my original reply, that's not what I said was sketchy. I thought it was sketchy that you set the account up OVER a year ago and are just now making your first post along with the location discrepancy of your profile.

I have seen posts eerily similar on other forums and social media lately that were asking the same questions and then tilting to who here is going to sell me a gun. Also, we're getting a slew of bot accounts for whatever reason, so there is a heightened sense of alertness to abnormalities right now. Sorry for any offense I caused, and welcome to the group.

No offense taken, I was just wondering what about my post triggered your suspicion. Not my intent to violate any laws, or make anyone uncomfortable. The account was set up, and I've been mostly lurking up until now, no sense wasting member's time with questions I won't be able to act on until I'm actually here.The move was finalized just last month, been kind of busy getting moved into the new house, so getting locations on forums changed wasn't on the radar. The profile location has been updated.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Robert1234 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 12:52 pm

edited to add

Be sure to post pix. The CZ is a thing of beauty
glock holiday

Post by glock holiday »

Welcome to the forum Bob..