.38spl blanks

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

.38spl blanks

Post by XJThrottle »

In anyone's travels hunting for ammo lately, have you noticed any blanks on the shelf?

Could be a cautionary, yet harmless(you're not sending a round off into the sky), notice to would be jackasses that you really do mean business.

Clearly, I'd be appropriately armed as well.

792mauser
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: .38spl blanks

Post by 792mauser »

Bad idea.
You might just piss em off. Saw something like that in Mexico years ago. They beat the tar outta the guy.

A revolver is a limited capacity weapon and I wouldn't want to have even less capacity. And then there's the; are you sure that the blank is the one under the hammer. Did you just send a live round into the air? Now you have even less capacity and one of those is useless in a fight.

It's still discharging a firearm and since it didn't call for deadly force, if the cops get involved that is bad news.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

couldnt you just load up a piece of brass with a primer. Someone I know was loading magnum primers into empty cases when they were checking for light primer strikes. Loud as hell in the shed!!

In the heat of the moment I would think .. "I see a gun and it just went bang" and I wouldnt be wondering hmmmm that sounds a little off. I would be taking cover.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

It would be all blanks in the revo. AR/AK/Shotgun in the other hand ready to rock..I''m not THAT dumb.