Brass recycling....

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
mtuck
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Brass recycling....

Post by mtuck »

Get enough posts on here and put them up for sale in the classified section. Plenty of people willing to buy them here, including me.

lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

For sure. You could get more than scrap prices and reloaders could get brass at a lower price. You get more money and reduce the amount of competition for loaded ammo . . Win win. ! !
Rpowell600

Post by Rpowell600 »

Im looking to purchase some brass as well as a reloader. Ill give you more than the scrap yard will. Looking for primarily 9mm, 45acp, and 223/556. Please PM me if you are willing to sell some. Im in the west valley but willing to travel within the valley for quanity. Thank you!
dustmaker

Post by dustmaker »

I'm not sure if your up to doing it but I see spent brass sold on Ebay all of the time. Just an option. Don't think I would as they take their cut out and you have to deal with their draconian rules. I used to sell there but that stopped when they changed their rules and the buyer can change their mind months later and you have to do a complete refund. Heavy duty crap on the sellers and take the buyers side every time!

dusty
littleleft

Post by littleleft »

you guys in tucson, what is pricing now? All prices on aluminum and steel have dropped.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Roneyj wrote: March 29th, 2020, 3:30 pm I too have a lot of brass that needs to be recycled. Mostly 223 that has been reloaded many many many times. I have heard of recycling places want the primers removed. Anyone run into this?
I turned in a couple 5 gallon buckets of spent primers two months ago, never had a problem with them in the brass or out.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

cat-mechanic wrote: March 31st, 2020, 3:03 am Hey Hansen, Sent you a PM. I'd hate to see good brass just get scrapped. When it could actually be reloaded by someone.
If people were still buying I would still be processing brass. It dropped off big time a couple years ago. If you can't get $3 a pound or a little more it is not worth processing it.