The new ammo shortage panic has begun

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
TacoTime
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: The new ammo shortage panic has begun

Post by TacoTime »

AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 9:01 pm
Miker12 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 8:51 pm Thought I would resurrect this thread as I am hearing of new ammo shortages. Was at Prescott Gun Club today and they are saying that 38 and 357 is pretty cleared out for range issues.

I know that some other gun shops in Yavapai County have limited ammo buys for non-locals that come up from Phoenix.

How is it elsewhere?
I was at Desert Eagle in PV today asking Boris about ACOG's and to put me down for a TA31 red chevron. While browsing couldn't help but seeing cases upon cases of ammo. I think he's got a limit unless he knows you knows you.
id be willing to drive to prescott if the prices were right to be honest.

TacoTime

Post by TacoTime »

AZ1182 wrote: July 8th, 2020, 10:17 pm
TacoTime wrote: July 8th, 2020, 9:45 pm
AZ1182 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 9:01 pm I was at Desert Eagle in PV today asking Boris about ACOG's and to put me down for a TA31 red chevron. While browsing couldn't help but seeing cases upon cases of ammo. I think he's got a limit unless he knows you knows you.
id be willing to drive to prescott if the prices were right to be honest.
I've never ever gone there for the ammo so I can't be much help here. Boris is known for higher end like Geissele, Surgeon, Noveske, HK, Daniel Defense, Trijicon, and Nightforce, etc. But based on that, probably would not be a good place to go if poor or a miser.

First light in the strip on the 69 in PV, take a right, then another right past the gas station. Shop will be on the left and is the only building with a metric ton of bars on outside.
I'm no poor, have an LMT MLC with and Elcan Specter attached :dance: just don't want to pay 50cpr for 223/556
300mag

Post by 300mag »

Is that the desert eagle that used to be in globe
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I just looked at ammoseek.com (July 19, 2020) and noticed that 9mm costs more than .45!
That's kind of interesting.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I think this is not one single extended panic,...but rather 2 distinct different panics that have overlapped and conjoined.

The first one, of course, was the Covid-related panic, consisting primarily of first time Democrat buyers.

But that has waned and what has reinvigorated the panic we see now (in my opinion) is regular gun folks sensing Trump may be likely to lose in November. That would be nearly Armageddon for gun rights,...so,...some folks are planning ahead and buying up what they can,...not all that unlike what we saw in 2016 when everyone believe Clinton was in.

I'm sure there are many here who will argue that Trump will win and that fear of him losing is pointless. But tell that to the folks buying now. About the only thing that isn't being snatched up and prices out of whack are magazines. I think I'm gonna invest is a few cases of those.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

AZ1182 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:13 pm I think this is not one single extended panic,...but rather 2 distinct different panics that have overlapped and conjoined.
I don't think anyone could say that better than you just did.
Here, hold my beer...

Make it three panics. People have seen mobs looting, burning, and even assaulting and killing, not just in the inner cities, but even at Fashion Square, and in a high-dollar gated community in Michigan. Antifa and BLM have tied for gun-and-ammo salesman of the year.

7/20/20 Correction: Missouri, not Michigan.
samnev

Post by samnev »

300mag wrote: July 19th, 2020, 5:57 am Is that the desert eagle that used to be in globe
IIRC,Yes I believe when I first bought a 308 AR at a show in Prescott.He said then he was from Globe. Nice guy to deal with nd has fair prices.
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

Glad I started reloading eons ago. Have enough components for a good while.

Was at the Tempe Walmart a few weeks ago. And wandered over to the sporting goods section. Picked up a couple boxes of 22lr.
Made conversation with the gent behind me about the ammo shortage and how I'm glad I reload and have 9mm down to .10 to .20 depending.

This prick then comes up innocently enough. Starts asking me about reloading and what is involved. After a short bit he asks me to sell my reloads to him for the .10 each. I tell him no. If I was to sell any it would be 20 dollars. Since I only load what I plan to shoot and don't keep much around extra.
He got angry. Sorry dude. Its a pain in the ass for me to load 9mm. If i do it, Its gotta be worth my time. Then came the tirade of me being lazy and selfish. Amazingly he wasn't screaming, just a bit louder than a normal voice.
Best part of it was the Gent who reminded him, "if he reloads 9mm, that probably means he has a handgun." "So calm down buddy." Just standing there more confused than anything.

I got the finger and was left alone to get cat food and paper plates. That old Hispanic gent was awesome.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

That's exactly why I don't talk to anyone I don't know about anything. Just go get what you need and the rest of the world can go f**k themselves. Anyone that acts like that must be one of the "new" libtard gun owners, that expects someone else to give them free sh!t. With an encounter like that, you end up having to watch you six all the way home.
cat-mechanic

Post by cat-mechanic »

Precisely, and even more the reason to buy online and have it shipped to the house.

On top of that, you could have told him, selling reloads is illegal as you don't have the proper licensing or insurance and is something did happen? Who knows what you would be in for.

I have had a couple close friends ask. I keep telling them, come on over. I will show you and then you can load your ammo. They haven't shown up yet.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

smithers599 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 7:48 pm
AZ1182 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:13 pm I think this is not one single extended panic,...but rather 2 distinct different panics that have overlapped and conjoined.
I don't think anyone could say that better than you just did.
Here, hold my beer...

Make it three panics. People have seen mobs looting, burning, and even assaulting and killing, not just in the inner cities, but even at Fashion Square, and in a high-dollar gated community in Michigan. Antifa and BLM have tied for gun-and-ammo salesman of the year.

7/20/20 Correction: Missouri, not Michigan.
https://amgreatness.com/2020/07/23/anti ... e-the-nra/
Antifa and BLM: The Greatest Second Amendment Promoters Since the NRA
Come November, does anyone think that folks who just spent $1,000 or more on firearms are going to vote for the vertiginous Joe Biden who would take their guns away and leave them unprotected?
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

I do. Never underestimate the stupidity of a libtard. They'll believe his lies that it's only those "military grade weapons" that will be confiscated, when they don't have any idea or a clue what that means. Don't worry about anything else, orange man bad; vote for me.
Taserface

Post by Taserface »

I work with a libtard. He said he want to shoot every single gun owner. Nice logic.....
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Taserface wrote: August 9th, 2020, 12:46 pm I work with a libtard. He said he want to shoot every single gun owner. Nice logic.....
Wouldn't he have to first be a gun owner ?
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

After reading about the apparent bullet shortage I went online to see for myself what I could find and stock up on.224 62gr bonded JSP or Gold Dot for future use. I had 15 supplier links I had saved over the years- most of the well known names and some obscure places too... I was amazed at how their shelves were bare- very little to choose from... almost everyone had very light (45gr) or very heavy (90gr) and very little in between. Sure, I could still find a few 55, 62 and 69gr offerings but that isn't my preferred projectile anymore...