22 Mag

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

22 Mag

Post by Pro2a »

I picked up an LCR in 22mag to shove in my pocket.

Just need to smooth and lighten the trigger a bit (10 dam pounds now) thru usage
I'm not intending to get into a versus caliber argument, but what say you guys with the science and facts (not opinion) in this article?

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/20 ... f-defense/

Flash

Re: 22 Mag

Post by Flash »

I always thought the Kel-Tec PMR30 would be great for SD as it carries 30 rounds of .22WMR in the magazine and it's a handgun.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Flash wrote: May 5th, 2019, 5:41 am I always thought the Kel-Tec PMR30 would be great for SD as it carries 30 rounds of .22WMR in the magazine and it's a handgun.
Got one of those for fun, and then transitioned it to my “solicitor gun.”
BAAAHAHAHAHA‼️‼️
Flash

Post by Flash »

Mrs. Flash bought one a while back and loves it. She tells me to buy ammo that gives a lot of muzzle flash.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Flash wrote: May 5th, 2019, 8:09 am Mrs. Flash bought one a while back and loves it. She tells me to buy ammo that gives a lot of muzzle flash.
Be kind, buy her a 22TCM; high pressure fun
Bought the 9mm/22TCM combo from RIA
The patent should be up soon on the 22TCM and I hope the price drops off of 50 cents a round
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

" #1 Post by Pro2a » Yesterday, 2:22 pm
Just need to smooth and lighten the trigger a bit (10 dam pounds now) thru usage
I'm not intending to get into a versus caliber argument, but what say you guys with the science and facts (not opinion) in this article? "

I am not a scientist or a fact statistician,,... just a guy with opinions! :dance:

MY OPINIONS,...

Science,... 22 rim fire bullets can kill.

Facts,... during the first half of the 1900's,... more deer and people were killed with 22 rim fire weapons, than any other.

Final Opinion,... I would not want to be shot with a 22 caliber rim fire bullet. :whistle:

I have been in the market for a MICRO 22 rim fire pocket piece for awhile now.

IMO,... ALL CALIBERS have limitations and by learning an individual caliber's limitation,... makes ALL calibers viable for defense.

MY OPINION,... I am too old to do any serious rock'n and roll'n, anymore,... and too young to die,... so, I would rather throw a rim fire piece into an attacker's face and pull a trigger as a last resort, than try to bust his jaw with my fist. I really can't explain MY OPINION any more clear than that! :whistle:

As I stated earlier,... I would not want to be shot with any rim fire bullet,... from shorts to magnums,... if the shooter knows the limitations of the caliber and shoots accordingly!!! 8-)
Flash

Post by Flash »

The trigger is outstanding on the PMR30
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Flash wrote: May 5th, 2019, 11:49 am The trigger is outstanding on the PMR30
I don’t consider myself a trigger snob; I don’t get into the tiny intricacies of it, but I feel it’s quite good too.
Side note- People knock the SD9VE and the SCCY and others, but if you train with your “long horrible trigger pull,” you will be proficient with your “long horrible trigger pull.”
I’m nearly sure I’m preaching to the choir here
Flash

Post by Flash »

Probably not preaching to the choir. A lot of people change out or alter triggers.

However, I'm in the choir. When I was 15 I bought an FN mauser in .30-06 with a typical military trigger pull. Gritty, long, two stage.

Years later I succumbed to the hype about how you could dramatically reduce group size with an outstanding, breaks like glass lighter trigger pull so I bought a Timney trigger and dropped it in.

Group sizes stayed exactly the same at 1-½", 5 shots at 100 yards. Didn't do a thing for accuracy, but it is a great trigger and I like it a lot.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Senior Shooter 444 pretty well nails the caliber debate for me.
Now ,Triggers
I'm no stranger to working on a trigger if it needs it and many do but,,,, I pick and choose my battles.
Many revolvers and rifles are a piece of cake. Even some semi-auto pistols .
But would as soon take a beating as to try and improve the trigger on that LCR !
Too many disassembly and reassembly secrets. Bet a lot of them end up back at Ruger in a box.
Important metal parts are MIM so you best not stone them and rimfires require stout springs to stay reliable so you best not change them. Wear it in to a lighter pull ??????? You will probably die of old age first.
Some times they just is what they is.
niftyfifty
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by niftyfifty »

I have a S&W 648 22 mag. Not a pocket gun but a great revolver. If you can find one. The High Standard derringer is a great micro pistol. They were made in both .22 LR and magnum. I had the lr version. Always wanted the mag. They're right though. Rimfire sd guns can be very effective. I love my Beretta 21A.