Once Fired Brass Place Near Washington and 51 Freeway?

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Once Fired Brass Place Near Washington and 51 Freeway?

Post by Old Jeff H »

Not sure how many years it's been now since I went there (probably 7 or 8?), but there is/was a place near Washington St and the 51 that sold once fired brass. Kind of an unusual place in that it was completely unmarked, and you had to zigzag your way through a warehouse to get to their operation. Pretty sure that I even had to let them know ahead when I was going to be there so they could open the gate?

Anyone remember the place and what the name was?

338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Once Fired Brass Place Near Washington and 51 Freeway?

Post by 338lapua »

I believe that was run by Alan Trabilcy and I hear died a year or so ago. If you need brass PM me as I may have some depending on what you need and how much.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

338lapua wrote: January 11th, 2024, 8:18 pm I believe that was run by Alan Trabilcy and I hear died a year or so ago. If you need brass PM me as I may have some depending on what you need and how much.
If that's the case, it's unfortunate. :(

Thank you, I think I'm all good on brass! I was actually wanting to know where they get their heat-seal poly bag material. It's good stuff, and I'd like to start bagging up my brass that way.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

If it helps i just use a food saver. You can vacum seal or not. You can still heat seal the bag without vacum if you dont want to
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Lobo2087 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 9:40 am If it helps i just use a food saver. You can vacum seal or not. You can still heat seal the bag without vacum if you dont want to
Thank you. That is true, and I've done that in the past, I just like this style of bag better because I'm weird like that. :lol:
Bag.jpg
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Is there value in using the heat sealed bags - beyond them being "tough"? I store mine in heavy ziploc freezer bags and they seem to work fine. If I were going to ship stuff or move it frequently I could see using something tougher - but is there a reason to seal them as opposed to just ziploc?
Doc

Post by Doc »

BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 2:52 pm Is there value in using the heat sealed bags - beyond them being "tough"? I store mine in heavy ziploc freezer bags and they seem to work fine. If I were going to ship stuff or move it frequently I could see using something tougher - but is there a reason to seal them as opposed to just ziploc?
I’m over here storing mine in 5 gal buckets in a garage like it’s still the 1900’s
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 2:52 pm is there a reason to seal them as opposed to just ziploc?
Not really. :lol:

Other than the ziploc bags do have a tendency to either tear or come open, or both. But it's mostly just because I like the idea, and the appearance. I know it's just brass, but it looks/feels more tidy and "professional"?

Hope you're doing well, Nate!
Doc wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:09 pm I’m over here storing mine in 5 gal buckets in a garage like it’s still the 1900’s
:lol:

I'm over here trying to solve problem that doesn't even remotely exist.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Old Jeff H wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:12 pm
BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 2:52 pm is there a reason to seal them as opposed to just ziploc?
Not really. :lol:

Other than the ziploc bags do have a tendency to either tear or come open, or both. But it's mostly just because I like the idea, and the appearance. I know it's just brass, but it looks/feels more tidy and "professional"?

Hope you're doing well, Nate!
Doc wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:09 pm I’m over here storing mine in 5 gal buckets in a garage like it’s still the 1900’s
:lol:

I'm over here trying to solve problem that doesn't even remotely exist.
LOL - Doing well Jeff... When are we working on the Thunderbird?
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Doc wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:09 pm
BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 2:52 pm Is there value in using the heat sealed bags - beyond them being "tough"? I store mine in heavy ziploc freezer bags and they seem to work fine. If I were going to ship stuff or move it frequently I could see using something tougher - but is there a reason to seal them as opposed to just ziploc?
I’m over here storing mine in 5 gal buckets in a garage like it’s still the 1900’s
I've got some in buckets too... but for stuff that has a limited lifecyle (.300wm etc) once I've cleaned and deprimed them I sort them by headstamp and put them in labeled ziplock bags. :-) I'm a bit of a nerd I guess.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:15 pm LOL - Doing well Jeff... When are we working on the Thunderbird?
It's supposed to be nice next weekend, so I was planning on getting out in the garage then!
BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:17 pm I've got some in buckets too... but for stuff that has a limited lifecyle (.300wm etc) once I've cleaned and deprimed them I sort them by headstamp and put them in labeled ziplock bags. :-) I'm a bit of a nerd I guess.
I've got it in bags, boxes, buckets, and ammo cans. Been working on trying to get it all sorted out and organized. The nice thing is, I'm finding a bunch of stuff that I forgot I had! Then again, there's other stuff that I know I have, but I can't find it. :oops: :lol:

I sort 'em by headstamp too, except 9mm. It doesn't get much love from me, other than a good cleaning.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

It's almost like you ol' guys need a hobby.....lol
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Old Jeff H wrote: January 12th, 2024, 9:11 am
338lapua wrote: January 11th, 2024, 8:18 pm I believe that was run by Alan Trabilcy and I hear died a year or so ago. If you need brass PM me as I may have some depending on what you need and how much.
If that's the case, it's unfortunate. :(

Thank you, I think I'm all good on brass! I was actually wanting to know where they get their heat-seal poly bag material. It's good stuff, and I'd like to start bagging up my brass that way.
Here you go. https://acepackagingaz.com/Sealers_c_110.html
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

XJThrottle wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:55 pm It's almost like you ol' guys need a hobby.....lol
Yes, for sure! :lol:
338lapua wrote: January 12th, 2024, 8:33 pm Here you go. https://acepackagingaz.com/Sealers_c_110.html
Thanks!
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Old Jeff H wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:26 pm
BigNate wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:15 pm LOL - Doing well Jeff... When are we working on the Thunderbird?
It's supposed to be nice next weekend, so I was planning on getting out in the garage then!
Give me a ring once you know...