Hornady Customer Service

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Hornady Customer Service

Post by Old Jeff H »

I have a couple of LNL AP presses. One is about 15 years old and the other one is probably 12 years old. The newer of the two is the one I do all my brass prep on, and the older one is what I use for loading bulk ammo.

If I were to guess how many pieces of brass I've prepped on the one, it'd have to be 50,000? I'm making a short story long here, but I've worn down the ejector (boss?) on the sub-plate to where the rounds want to ride up over it instead of ejecting the way they should. Called Hornady this morning to order a replacement, and they said they're shipping one out, no charge. Gotta say I'm pretty happy about that.

Basher
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Hornady Customer Service

Post by Basher »

I had two bricks of .17HMR I’d bought that were apparently pretty old stock. Turns out .17HMR cases are known for cracking as they age, and I went through both bricks to find that I had a 22% rate of cases that were already cracked.

Even though they were beyond the warranty age, they were kind enough to cover them. They sent an RMA, and I got two bricks and two boxes (sent in 2,000 rounds, got 2,100 back) in return. I thought that was about the best outcome I could have hoped for. I’ve always liked Hornady stuff, but I’m a life-long customer for sure!