BPS Turkish ammo - bad experience report

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

BPS Turkish ammo - bad experience report

Post by smithers599 »

Friend of mine went onto ammoseek.com, looking for cheap 9mm practice ammo. Bought a case of BPS brand. He brought it to the range yesterday, and had -- literally -- 50% failures to fire. Primers well dented but no bang. With two guns (his and mine). Other ammo works fine in both guns. So, it's the ammo. Cycling it through a second or third time does not help. Those rounds are duds. But they were cheap!

So heads up; watch out for BPS ammo (made in Turkey). On the bright side, Turkish president Erdogan has promised to help Hamas, so maybe he will send them some of this stuff.
TurkAmmo.jpg

kenpoprofessor

Re: BPS Turkish ammo - bad experience report

Post by kenpoprofessor »

smithers599 wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:00 am Friend of mine went onto ammoseek.com, looking for cheap 9mm practice ammo. Bought a case of BPS brand. He brought it to the range yesterday, and had -- literally -- 50% failures to fire. Primers well dented but no bang. With two guns (his and mine). Other ammo works fine in both guns. So, it's the ammo. Cycling it through a second or third time does not help. Those rounds are duds. But they were cheap!

So heads up; watch out for BPS ammo (made in Turkey). On the bright side, Turkish president Erdogan has promised to help Hamas, so maybe he will send them some of this stuff.

TurkAmmo.jpg

Friggin' Erdogan has been an enemy since he came to power, don't know why we continue to protect them. Let them die a miserable muslim death of eating pork until they explode.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

Curious if you tried refiring and of them again and if a 2nd hit fired them?
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

smithers599 wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:00 am ...Cycling it through a second or third time does not help. Those rounds are duds. But they were cheap!
Remow2112 wrote: November 30th, 2023, 11:37 am Curious if you tried refiring and of them again and if a 2nd hit fired them?
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

Sorry, I some how missed that on the first pass. LOL
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Cheap ammo gets cheap results. Caveat Emptor.
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

Maybe it was a bad batch of primers on their part. But either way, it won't take much to damage the brand. I know I'll avoid it as well as other Turkish brands until I hear over wise. It would be incredible foolish to sour the brand by lack of QC. It'll die pretty quickly unless it is literally 50% of the cost of the cheapest stuff.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I've seen goof ups where harder rifle primers got accidentally substituted for softer pistol primers. I would be interested to see if reliability improved if these were run through an open-bolt subgun like an Uzi.