Reloading room upgrades

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Reloading room upgrades

Post by 338lapua »

NBC_LT

Re: Reloading room upgrades

Post by NBC_LT »

Nice post. I'd love to have a roll sizer like that. Bought a Magma Engineering Case-Master push through unit a few years back for 9mm bulged brass from my Sterling SMG (open bolt gun) that works alright - but already had a custom Dillon push through die fail after less than 8k rounds - that beast is the bomb!!!
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

At some point I may start roll sizing for others. Also have the ability to sort small and large primer pockets on 45 cases as well as large rifle cases that have the same base size as a 45 fully automated.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Nice machine! I use a lee finishing dye. If your running open bolt try a slower powder like long shot. Between the powder change and the finishing dye It fixed almost all the bulged cases I was getting from the open bolts.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

:D :D :D

And that's exactly why my wife will not allow me more space. I will fill it with shiat like that.
Nice.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

YNOTAZ wrote: November 20th, 2023, 7:12 pm
:D :D :D

And that's exactly why my wife will not allow me more space. I will fill it with shiat like that.
Nice.
Well you can fit it under the bench and just slide it out when needed.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

The roll sizer runs one speed but you can run up to 6 pins to get more output. This is with 6 pins installed.

https://youtube.com/shorts/GgKXzABgafE? ... J5MDeJ-CbN
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Just had to buy a Dillon CP 2000 case processor because why not. Running with the Dillon case removal system removing small primer 45ACP cases automatically. It can also remove rifle cases with small primers as well. It cana lso be used to detect cases where the primer is still in the case and can remove those as well preventing problems during automated reloading. The autodrive for the super 1050 arrives tomorrow.

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

338lapua wrote: November 20th, 2023, 11:07 pm Just had to buy a Dillon CP 2000 case processor because why not.
I think I hate you!!!!!
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Got the Mark VII installed and running. Got to get the bullet sensor turned on along with the low primer sensor. Last issue is case mouth expansion prior to loading the cases in this machine for loading. Got to pre expand the cases first so the bullets dont tip over tripping the sensor and stopping the machine. Then I can turn up the speed. I am looking to run at about 1500 a hour, could care less about taking it to 3K a hour. All the brass I will run through this machine are pre processed. Really enjoying the problem solving and getting the machine timed right to eliminate issues. About 12 grand into this and the last machine is a decapper machine as I am moving to wet washing without pins to help eliminate dirt getting into either machine.

338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

First thousand in the bucket. I want to run at 12-1500 rounds a hour and once I get the 9mm brass processed and the case mouths expanded prior to running through the loading press it should not be a issue.
https://youtube.com/shorts/f1e9XYbPrp8? ... NH6Zj3rN1d
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

So with the Dillon case feeders upside down cases are common and the feeder locking up because the case is jammed is also common. So I bought the Double Alpha case feed plate and holy crap does it work. Roll sized another 6,000 9mm cases in under a hour and not one single jam or upside down case. It is fast enough to turn the roll sizer on and it will feed it and fill the entire tube up in a minute and a half.

338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

So the double Alpha plate running with the variable speed Dillon case feeder running at half speed. Since I use Dillon equipment I have had the cases jamming on the metal clip to the left as the plate did not drop the cases cleanly. With this plate it drops them clean. This plate does from 380 to 45ACP without changing the plate. I just bought one for every case feeder that is a dillon one.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gwnd4oXNflk? ... Ym-SBngCOQ
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Latest addition. Dedicated depriming machine. running at 3500 a hour.

https://youtube.com/shorts/_o8ZF0HGfu0? ... vW9Tp_RIrK
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I wish that I shot enough to need all that equipment. I’ll just keep manually working the crank on my 1050 a couple thousand rounds at a time like a peasant.