Reloading room upgrades

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
338lapua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Reloading room upgrades

Post by 338lapua »

Abbey wrote: December 27th, 2023, 8:51 pm I wish that I shot enough to need all that equipment. I’ll just keep manually working the crank on my 1050 a couple thousand rounds at a time like a peasant.
Eventually I will offer rollsizing for others and possibly even do completely processed cases. Biggest reason I automated is my hands are effed. Just had a carpel tunnel surgery on the 5th and have the other one getting done tomorrow. I do shoot 3-4 days a week and go through a lot of 9mm. I also have a few friends who use my equipment and having fully processed brass ready makes my life and their life easier.

Life would be easier if Nosler would quit screwing the US market with undersized flash holes.

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Yeah that would be nice, Im to the point with my old antiquated equipment it takes my hands and lever arm a few days to recover.Hope your surgery was a success
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

xerts1191 wrote: January 5th, 2024, 6:11 pm Yeah that would be nice, Im to the point with my old antiquated equipment it takes my hands and lever arm a few days to recover.Hope your surgery was a success
Shot a couple hundred today and it was pain free. The second surgery was the ultrasound guided micro release surgery with a tiny incision and less issues. The first hand I did is getting better but the second which was the 29th was super easy and is pain free 9 days later. The automation helps big time as now I mostly push a button to run.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

I need to investigate said surgeries and get something done with my hands for sure
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

xerts1191 wrote: January 7th, 2024, 3:22 pm I need to investigate said surgeries and get something done with my hands for sure
Dr Michael Madden was my surgeon. Very thorough at the consultation. The hand institute where he was the surgeon sent me a letter yesterday that they had closed but he left in December and is in process of setting up his own practice in Phoenix.

I went in looking for a improvement in my hands but I know there is no going back to what they once were. The big thing I got from the surgery is the ability to sleep in a bed again for more than 2 hours a night. The arm pain is gone but I have numbness in my left hand. If you have carpel tunnel I would go for the ultrasound guided micro release, it is the superior surgery now. I had a endoscopic release on my left hand and the ultrasound guided micro on my right. The right is far ahead of the left in healing.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Hope you’re healing well, thanks for all the info.