Reloading for Self Defense- Opinions

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Reloading for Self Defense- Opinions

Post by shooter444 »

kidkaiser wrote: September 24th, 2018, 8:36 pm It was pointed out in a CCW class in Nevada that a prosecuting attorney will paint the shooter as someone who "sits around making bullets at night".

Hmmm,... sounds like another one of those, s*** for brains, CCW class instructors,... seems like there are more, and more, every year!

Flash

Post by Flash »

shooter444 wrote: September 25th, 2018, 7:53 am
kidkaiser wrote: September 24th, 2018, 8:36 pm It was pointed out in a CCW class in Nevada that a prosecuting attorney will paint the shooter as someone who "sits around making bullets at night".

Hmmm,... sounds like another one of those, s*** for brains, CCW class instructors,... seems like there are more, and more, every year!
I think that a large part of the problem is that some of the Instructor certifications are nothing more than attendance certificates. Look around and you can see ads for them here and there.

Essentially they're a two day course and as long as you don't die during the class, you become an instant Instructor. I used to shoot with one of them and told him what I thought of his certification a few times.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I think that a large part of the problem is that some of the certified Instructors have s*** for brains!
Flash

Post by Flash »

shooter444, I think you're insulting s*** :clap:
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Flash wrote: September 26th, 2018, 11:36 am shooter444, I think you're insulting s*** :clap:
Hmmm,... I think I resemble that statement.
:confusion-confused:
Just kidding, thanks!
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

I was on a jury for a murder trial. It was actually a retrial based on the judge not giving the jury enough options in the original trial.

The gun and ammo had been examined and an expert testified that the gun was not modified and the ammo was factory production.

I can see a prosecutor jumping on any modifications to a gun and I can see them doing it if you have handloads. I wouldn't carry handloads for self defense and after the Fish trial I think I wouldn't carry handloads hiking even if I thought I might shoot some small game for dinner.

On the Fish trial the prosecutor was going to run for County Atty (I think) and really went after Fish both in the court and in the court of public opinion. A lot of info was initially biased (what's new?) against Fish. They left out that one of the dogs had been categorized as vicious and should have been put down, not allowed to be taken out and allows to wander without a leash. The guy that took the dogs out was not the most stable person either even though he was described only as an animal lover and volunteer. So if a prosecutor is out to get you, and they will be, don't give them any help. His gun was characterized as overly powerful in court and I don't believe his original lawyer pointed out it was FBI issue for female agents.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Under that "logic" we should all be relegated to carrying 22 short.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Last I heard, this is still the Untied States of America. And, unless there is a law regulating this subject,... as a sovereign human being, living in a sovereign state, of a sovereign country, I'll do as I wish!

I only carry/shoot my reloads,... have for twenty years, or so,... and God willing,... for another twenty years,... or so.
Flash

Post by Flash »

shooter444 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:03 pm Last I heard, this is still the Untied States of America. And, unless there is a law regulating this subject,... as a sovereign human being, living in a sovereign state, of a sovereign country, I'll do as I wish!

I only carry/shoot my reloads,... have for twenty years, or so,... and God willing,... for another twenty years,... or so.
Only 20 years? You're a newcomer. :D
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

:D I've been called worse.
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

TheAccountant wrote: July 15th, 2019, 5:17 pm Under that "logic" we should all be relegated to carrying 22 short.
Who said anything about logic?
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

Re a few comments, until you are on a jury you won't believe some of the things jurors say while deliberating. I'm not going to post them but it would scare all of us.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

zonie77 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 2:33 pm
TheAccountant wrote: July 15th, 2019, 5:17 pm Under that "logic" we should all be relegated to carrying 22 short.
Who said anything about logic?
Thank you for openly admitting your argument is baseless and illogical.
Flash

Post by Flash »

zonie77 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 2:34 pm Re a few comments, until you are on a jury you won't believe some of the things jurors say while deliberating. I'm not going to post them but it would scare all of us.
I've been on a jury and they're also very easy to manipulate.
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

Flash wrote: July 26th, 2019, 6:10 am
zonie77 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 2:34 pm Re a few comments, until you are on a jury you won't believe some of the things jurors say while deliberating. I'm not going to post them but it would scare all of us.
I've been on a jury and they're also very easy to manipulate.
That depends on the jury. LOL

If we ever get together in person again we will have to swap stories.