Blazer Brass 9MM 115 Grain

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
SupportTheSecond
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Blazer Brass 9MM 115 Grain

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Posted on another forum:

Hopefully my 9mm PCC will digest this ammo since I have 1K rounds of it just delivered. Indoor range, 2 new Glock 19's gen 5, one very well used Berretta six different magazines for the Glocks, three different people trying the assortment and the ammo was not well liked by any. FTF's across the three. Previous different ammo shot in the Berretta functioned just fine.

Found out after a bit of looking that there were many others reporting similar issues with the ammo. I contacted CCI and they asked me to send them a couple of boxes out of the batch which I did. Haven't heard back as of yet on what they found but I sure wouldn't trust that ammo for much of anything. Hopefully it will run in my PCC but that even remains to be seen to be seen. No more 115 for me I'm sticking to heavier bullet loads.

Ballistic Therapy

Re: Blazer Brass 9MM 115 Grain

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I have fired thousands of rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm over the years and have never had a problem.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 11:39 am I have fired thousands of rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm over the years and have never had a problem.
Agreed. I just dumped a couple hundred this weekend through a couple different setups and all performed well for punching holes in paper.

Maybe just an issue with the lot?
Razai

Post by Razai »

As have I, yet lately I have been getting light primer strikes, failures to return to battery, and other results from this and other common makes of ammo in garious calibers. I am convinced that the recent batches are of sub-par quality. Heap components or something. The only ammo I trust now is my defense stuff.
SupportTheSecond

Hopefully it's an isolated instance but I think I'll stick to S&B ammo and others since I've never had any issues with them.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

I have had a ton of issues with 9mm PCC'S in the last year. Out of battery firings. having cases ripped in half during extraction and the next round in fired out of battery. With my ammo, with Blazer brass ammo with Winchester ammo and so on. that is with the glock mag models. now with the H&K magazine model it is hammer follow and firing the round.

You know which PCC I am not having problems qwith? it is the Colt 9mm rifles that function flawlessly every time.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

one shot of blown up cases.Another shot of a case ripped in half and the other shot is the next round is the Blazer round that followed and fired out of battery, the half case and the blown case sticking out of the barrel as it fired. How is it even possible to fire that far out of battery unless it is the stainless steel firing pin has too much weight and is doing it. The bullet stuck in the case is from the blown out case
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

So I cant post photos so I will post them later.
SupportTheSecond

UPDATE:
After a week of back and forth emails on asking why the tracking number showed the ammo sent back was delivered but then said "returned to sender" and even an email this morning and the customer service person at CCI said "I would contact UPS at this point".

I get an email about 5 minutes ago from the same customer service rep stating that they've tested the ammo and there's nothing wrong, it would be an issue with the Glocks and the Beretta send them in for repair. Yeah right. So three entirely different weapons all need a repair when other ammo is fine.

NONSENSE.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket too since the odds of winning are about the same as all three weapons needing a repair. Oh well just another one I'll never buy again doesn't matter to me.