Factory second Bullets

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Factory second Bullets

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Weight or color/appearance.

Also QC batching may mean a whole batch was marked as blem based on a few of the bullets pulled for qc.

Kinked_Chrome

Post by Kinked_Chrome »

Ive had really good luck with the Hornady 22cal Eldm seconds that midways has sometimes. Both 73gr and 75gr have shot sub moa from my good rifles.
Firewhenready7

Post by Firewhenready7 »

I have shot a lot of seconds and never had a problem. I wouldn't reload seconds for hunting but for pinking, absolutely.
pcmacd
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by pcmacd »

Boriqua wrote: October 16th, 2022, 9:40 am Received emails from a couple places now with sales on Factory Second Bullets. Could always use more bullets. Anyone ever try them? Any feedback?
Years ago I purchased 3,000 240 grn and 2,000 300 grn JHPs from one of the larger internet supply houses. Seconds, clearly Hornady but not marked as such. They looked normal to me and shoot like a house afire in my Deagle.
condition_0ne

Post by condition_0ne »

Boriqua wrote: October 16th, 2022, 9:40 am Received emails from a couple places now with sales on Factory Second Bullets. Could always use more bullets. Anyone ever try them? Any feedback?
If you're just doing practice ammo or anything that doesn't require real precision then I wouldn't worry about it.That said, I've tried multiple calibers of Nosler 2nds- 6.5mm, .308, .5.56mm etc. and they usually shoot about 4 MOA vs 1/2 MOA for my usual loads, all brass, powder, primer and appropriate seating depth being comparable. Personally I think there are minute differences in the jacket thickness/concentricity or similar that leads to this.

If you're loading 5.56 to do short range practice at 50 yards, no big deal. If you're wanting to hit steel at 1-1.5km I'd think twice.