Brownells has small pistol primers in stock $85 per 1k

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Brownells has small pistol primers in stock $85 per 1k

Post by Suck My Glock »

Boriqua

Re: Brownells has small pistol primers in stock $85 per 1k

Post by Boriqua »

Does anyone know what the 1 1/2 designation means and if its the same across manufacturers. I just received an Eflyer from Targetsportsusa with Winchester Primers also labeled as 1 1/2. I had bought some Remington 1 1/2 a couple years back and turns out they dont recommend them for 357 or 40S&W. Does that mean that all primers labeled 1 /12 regardless of manufacturer have that qualifier. I used them all for 38 special but .. curious as I am always in the mind to pick up more primers.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

quite a few joints have them sub 80 bucks, got the flyer this week, still up there.
Rj
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Boriqua wrote: October 8th, 2022, 9:22 am Does anyone know what the 1 1/2 designation means and if its the same across manufacturers. I just received an Eflyer from Targetsportsusa with Winchester Primers also labeled as 1 1/2. I had bought some Remington 1 1/2 a couple years back and turns out they dont recommend them for 357 or 40S&W. Does that mean that all primers labeled 1 /12 regardless of manufacturer have that qualifier. I used them all for 38 special but .. curious as I am always in the mind to pick up more primers.
1.5 is standard small pistol primer and it will work for .40 unless you are making major power factor rounds for IDPA then use standard small rifle primers. Should not be a problem in 357 magnum either unless you are making plus P ammo but for target loads they are fine, same for standard small rifle in 357 magnum.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Interesting because I read this in several places regarding Remington Primers.

https://www.ssusa.org/content/remington ... l-primers/
There is a special warning on the 1½ primer box indicating that they are not suitable for certain high pressure cartridges. The warning reads, “Do not use 1½ small pistol primers in high intensity pistol cartridges such as the .357 Magnum, .357 SIG and the .40 S&W.
I am seeing 1 1/2 from other primer manufacturers and wondering if the same holds true.