Brass type matter with bulk 9mm reloading?

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Brass type matter with bulk 9mm reloading?

Post by Flash »

I mentioned in a previous post about a friend's Dillon dies not working for removing the Glock bulge. Here's Dillon documenting it for me as a feature. If you radius the opening of the sizing die, you don't size down as far.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/dillon- ... 24445.html

Sizing/Depriming Die
Our sizing/depriming dies feature a unique "floating decapping assembly" with a snap spring that throws the spent primer off the pin and eliminates the problem of primer "draw back" that often occurs when decapping military brass. The primary feature of Dillon's size die design the long, tapered carbide ring with a radiused opening, remains unchanged.

The radiused opening, and its importance to progressive reloading, is one of the reasons why our seat and crimp dies are better. We found a way of manufacturing these dies that has enabled us to make the lead-in radius even bigger! The bigger radius makes progressive loading with our equipment even smoother but that's still only a part of the story.

Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

AZ1 wrote: July 21st, 2018, 10:02 am Same here. I use the standard Lee sizing/decapping die and I have no problems.
Same here also. Hmmm Good info! Thanx
mikeAZ

Post by mikeAZ »

Buy a LEE "U" die ($30), nuff said....I can't remember ever buying 9mm brass?, 30 + years. I shoot lot's of 9mm. I run into those cases every now and then..... Just pitch em.