The ammo situation just got worse (thanks Putin)

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The ammo situation just got worse (thanks Putin)

Post by Suck My Glock »

Sellier & Bellot announced that they will be shifting production to 5.56, 9mm, 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 for their military use until sometime in the future, and will not be filling commercial orders for now.

RWS and RUAG have been contracted by the German gov't to crank out ammo and munitions for emergency Ukraine relief.

With Russia throwing threats at Finland, Lapua has been ordered to focus on increasing war stocks, so export orders are temporarily suspended. Rumor has it that Finland is also considering send buttloads to Ukraine as a middle finger to Russia.

Likewise, Hungary has also tasked MFS with emergency stockpile expansion and temporarily ceasing exports.

Norma refuses to comment and remains silent, as does Fiocchi.

Aguila, CBC and Geco have claimed no plans to alter current production or deliveries.

samnev

Re: The ammo situation just got worse (thanks Putin)

Post by samnev »

Not surprised that all the manufacturers are shutting down commercial production in light of want the Russians are doing. It wouldn't surprise me if the Russians have eyes on Poland and the Baltic countries.
So I agree the ammunition situation looks bleak.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Yeah, but the problem I think runs deeper than we realize. My questions are:
*Will the USG rescind all those Form 6’s for Russian ammo which approved prior to Biden halting imports because Putin tried to poison Alexei Navaly with a nerve agent?
*My understanding of the financial sanctions on Russia is that even IF the Form 6 import permits were left in place no US importer could even pay for them.
*And say the Russian ammo, was already paid for and in transit on the high seas, will American longshoremen even unload it?
*And if you have a 5.45 AK yer a speshul kinda f*cked because while there are a lotta people making 7.62X39 other than Russia, only Hornady makes it (so far as I know) and not much (plus it ain’t cheap). European manufacturers who retool to make 5.45 are going to be selling it to the Ukrainians as that caliber is their front line round. Hopefully the Poles and Romanians kept their 5.45 munitions tooling but for fact the Germans destroyed everything associated with the NVA in East Germany after reunification.
*Frankly I laud Ammo, Inc for making a million rounds gratis but by the time it gets to Europe this show is probably going to be over. Better off using the $$$ to find ammo already made and closer.
VITAXIN

Post by VITAXIN »

I've decided to not buy any more ammo until the prices come back down,
or I find a great deal - and today I found a GREAT deal.

I paid only $300 for 500 rounds of Double Tap ammo from a local, private
seller - YES !!

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

In best millimeter, no less! WOW!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Okay. So no more ammo right now.

Will this mean there is a cheap surplus somewhere down the line?

Or am I just some wishful thinking fool?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I think regardless of how the Ukraine war works out, many nations will be stockpiling for an unpredictable Russia for years to come.

However, the silver lining is that if Ukraine prevails, there's gonna be a lot of AK kits coming over after all is done.
bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

Suck My Glock wrote: March 14th, 2022, 3:04 am I think regardless of how the Ukraine war works out, many nations will be stockpiling for an unpredictable Russia for years to come.

However, the silver lining is that if Ukraine prevails, there's gonna be a lot of AK kits coming over after all is done.
Probably not with our current administration in the White House, even if they did, there will be no surplus 7N6 to go with them. That boat has sailed.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I agree "that boat has sailed" and we wont see any relief until we see Republicans in the WH and in control of both houses of congress.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

samnev wrote: March 15th, 2022, 9:37 am I agree "that boat has sailed" and we wont see any relief until we see Republicans in the WH and in control of both houses of congress.
As long as Putin is in power you guys are dreamin’ if you think Russian ammo is going to be imported regardless of who controls the executive and legislative branches. Nobody is going to reopen and unfreeze Russia/US financial links just to import ammo-especially when MAJOR western corporations like Shell and BP have pulled chocks and left Russia. And if Putin nationalizes western assets in Russia ain’t nobody going to do business with them for a loooooong time. I know everyone thinks the universe spins around our Second Amendment rights but it really doesn’t. I’ve noticed the same people who were bitching about the ATF ceasing to approve any more Form 6’s for Russian ammo imports were also the same folks bitching the US was still buying Russian oil (not anymore). When it comes to internal security the Russians are not exactly nice guys and the optics of them brutally controlling the Ukraine will insure Russian ammo won’t get imported. In the meantime other munitions factories in Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, etc will shift to fill the ammo void left by Russia-you know, all that Adam Smith “invisible hand” sh!t.
Considering what’s going on 7.62X39 and 5.45 is still pretty reasonable. If you own a 5.45 stock up.
samnev

Post by samnev »

That Guy wrote: March 15th, 2022, 10:57 am
samnev wrote: March 15th, 2022, 9:37 am I agree "that boat has sailed" and we wont see any relief until we see Republicans in the WH and in control of both houses of congress.
As long as Putin is in power you guys are dreamin’ if you think Russian ammo is going to be imported regardless of who controls the executive and legislative branches. Nobody is going to reopen and unfreeze Russia/US financial links just to import ammo-especially when MAJOR western corporations like Shell and BP have pulled chocks and left Russia. And if Putin nationalizes western assets in Russia ain’t nobody going to do business with them for a loooooong time. I know everyone thinks the universe spins around our Second Amendment rights but it really doesn’t. I’ve noticed the same people who were bitching about the ATF ceasing to approve any more Form 6’s for Russian ammo imports were also the same folks bitching the US was still buying Russian oil (not anymore). When it comes to internal security the Russians are not exactly nice guys and the optics of them brutally controlling the Ukraine will insure Russian ammo won’t get imported. In the meantime other munitions factories in Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, etc will shift to fill the ammo void left by Russia-you know, all that Adam Smith “invisible hand” sh!t.
Considering what’s going on 7.62X39 and 5.45 is still pretty reasonable. If you own a 5.45 stock up.
That goes without saying :clap:
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

i'm digging this new that guy posting legitimate info and not trolling. :clap:
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: March 24th, 2022, 9:02 pm
i'm digging this new that guy posting legitimate info and not trolling. :clap:
Actually I can do both simultaneously. I never “troll”. I just post truths that some (OK, many) would rather not hear as it upsets their reality distortion field.

PS-I ain’t that “new”. Under a different nom de guerre I used to post a lot back on the old website.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

That Guy wrote: March 25th, 2022, 10:53 am

Actually I can do both simultaneously. I never “troll”. I just post truths that some (OK, many) would rather not hear as it upsets their reality distortion field.

PS-I ain’t that “new”. Under a different nom de guerre I used to post a lot back on the old website.
If you ain't trolling, you'd share the old name, and post your name. Right now, you're just being an anonypussy.

Clyde