Black Friday Ammo Sale

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
SupportTheSecond
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Black Friday Ammo Sale

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Some decent prices, I did not however check what shipping costs were.

https://trueshotgunclub.com/?utm_source ... %3D.XMtUDB

DoubleAlpha

Re: Black Friday Ammo Sale

Post by DoubleAlpha »

Blazer 9mm 115grain at 17 bucks the box, Aguila 380 less than 14 bucks, good find.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Don't give a penny to those bait and switch assholes at TrueShot. Did you know that if you walk into their retail showroom to buy ammo, it will cost you more money than is advertised on their website? They will give you some BS line about how having a building and employees costs money, so the customer somehow has to pay more to buy something in person? How the f&ck does that logic work? Does McDonalds charge you an extra 40% for a Big Mac if you walk inside and sit down versus the drive thru?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

QuietM4 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:42 am Don't give a penny to those bait and switch assholes at TrueShot. Did you know that if you walk into their retail showroom to buy ammo, it will cost you more money than is advertised on their website? They will give you some BS line about how having a building and employees costs money, so the customer somehow has to pay more to buy something in person? How the f&ck does that logic work? Does McDonalds charge you an extra 40% for a Big Mac if you walk inside and sit down versus the drive thru?
That's not something unique to that business. Wal-Mart, for example, does exactly the same thing - prices are unique to in-store versus online and in-store won't match online. The Brick & Mortar and online shops often use different inventory, have different quantities, different storage locations and different operating models.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

QuietM4 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:42 am Don't give a penny to those bait and switch assholes at TrueShot. Did you know that if you walk into their retail showroom to buy ammo, it will cost you more money than is advertised on their website? They will give you some BS line about how having a building and employees costs money, so the customer somehow has to pay more to buy something in person? How the f&ck does that logic work? Does McDonalds charge you an extra 40% for a Big Mac if you walk inside and sit down versus the drive thru?
I don't know if that's the case anymore. I had experienced the same several years ago and written them off. I declined to buy anything in store as the prices were way worse than online. I checked later and it was actually cheaper to buy the ammo and have it shipped to my house than just go pick it up in person.

Recently a friend, who has just gotten in guns, was looking for some .223 and the cheapest place I could find for a case (online or not) was trueshot. I paid online which includes a $10 pick up fee, as I knew of their practices. When I went in to pick it up some other people came in and I heard them get quoted the same price in store as it shows online. Or at least within $10. It's a different building now, could potentially be new owners. Maybe they'll pull the same switch on sales like this, idk.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

They still do it. I have them another shot a few months ago. I live 5 minutes from their location, and I was headed that way regardless. Online price for a brick of Armscor 22lr ammo was $65. When I walked into their new shinny retail shop, they wanted to charge me $78. $3 more than it would cost me to have it shipped. There is no logic in that.

I’m aware that international, multi billion dollar companies like Walmart have drop ship online prices…that are clearly marked as such on the website. TrueShot hides this fact and only mentions it if you dig around on their website. If it was CLEARLY marked as such, I wouldn’t have an issue with it. The fact that they HIDE it is my issue.

If they didn’t want people to come into their shop because it costs more money to staff it, THEN DON’T BUILD A LARGE RETAIL SHOWROOM.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't see that they hide that info. I've never been to their web site prior to this post and it took me 20 seconds to find the link with the info you're referring to - and it was the first link I clicked on.

https://trueshotgunclub.com/online-only-deals-2/

I guess I don't see at all how that's hidden. It's a link called "Online Only Deals" on their home page.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It's "hidden" because unless you scroll down to the bottom of the page, and were actively looking for it, there is no way to know that the price listed on every product differs from the price you will pay if you walked into the store. And YOU WERE LOOKING for the online pricing info because of this forum...you didn't stumble on their website by yourself. If they weren't trying to hide that info, EVERY item listed would have an "Online" price listed along with an "In-Store" price. That is not the case.

Imagine blindly finding their site because you Goggled "gun stores" or "ammunition" in the Phoenix area. This is exactly what happened to me a few years ago. You find True Shot Gun Club, and see that they have 6.5 Creedmoor ammo in stock...S&B 140gr listed at $12.35 per box. Even better, they are 5 minutes from your house! $12.35 is a great price for this ammo, so you decide to drive over to pick some up. You walk into their shop, see the boxes on the shelf, and grab a few. When the employee rings them up, they are suddenly $16.95 per box...not a great price. In fact, it is $1.50 more expensive than Bass Pro. The employee explains that it's more expensive in the store because they have to stop what they are doing to help customers in person...this from the guy that was sitting at the cash register texting on his phone when I walked in...clearly employed to help people who walk into their store. A 37% increase in price because I simply walked through a door is insane. How about they just don't sell ammo in person? Problem solved.

It is a deceptive practice.
azrik

Post by azrik »

admin wrote: November 6th, 2021, 6:49 am
That's not something unique to that business. Wal-Mart, for example, does exactly the same thing - prices are unique to in-store versus online and in-store won't match online. The Brick & Mortar and online shops often use different inventory, have different quantities, different storage locations and different operating models.
Many online retailers will advertise, sell, collect payment for a product that they never see or handle as it's drop shipped from a warehouse or distribution center.
They can realize a smaller margin as they don't have to do anything other that load up the software.
Brick and mortar retailers have to burden the product's selling price with receiving, stocking and point of sale costs.

The internet has re-written the book on manufacture, distributor,retailer, consumer interactions.
Hogdon going to direct sales is a good example.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Sucks they are still doing that. They would be a great shop to go pick up ammo at. A minor difference between online and in store would make sense. But not 20-30%+. I shouldn't be able to have it shipped to my house cheaper than picking it up in store. That's ridiculous.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Charge me extra to come to your store, where I'll probably buy more than originally intended? Yah, F that place.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

I don't see it so hidden, or deceptive.....
But I have a solution...
Let's just close the retail corner
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Shipping for 1000rds 9mm is $20....might buy 2000rds or more and have it delivered to their store for $10. Gotta have stocking stuffers for the family this Christmas.